Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Alarm filtering

Default Alarm filtering

Hi,

Is it possible to retrieve only acknowledged alarms in the report? if so please let me know

Regards
    Sandeep

Default Re: Alarm filtering

Hello sandeep2018,

The Report Viewer "Alarm Message List" dataset supports multiple timestamps. As below:

TIMECOMES
    TIMEGOES
    TIMEACKN
    TIMEREACT

The meaning of those fields of the dataset can be found in the help topic:
    Manual > Reporting > Report Viewer > Report definition files > Definition of datasets > AML

These are filled depending the current status of the alarm, acknowledeged/un-acknowledged, active/inactive/reactivated, etc..

In the screen switch function to open the report in the runtime there are available other options that allow to filter the alarms shown depending of the statuses of the alarms, but also other properties.

Click image for larger version

Name:	AML.png
Views:	4
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	2598

Good luck.

Best regards,
    David Cerdeira
    Last edited by david.cerdeira : 11th June 2019 at 14:38

Default AW: Alarm filtering

Hi,

Yes I am using this method but I could not find the option to filter only acknowledged alarms..

Regards
    Sandeep

Sandeep2018,

in that case you can set a visibility rule on the report definition file to show only alarms that the TIMEACK is not null as shown in the screenshot:

You can find a sample project attached to this post just for demonstration purposes. You can play with the project in the runtime by triggering the alarms as below:

*MAX > 50
    *MIN < 50

Good luck.

Best regards,
    David Cerdeira
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails reportviewer.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Dear David,

Thanks for the reply I will try this, Actually there are some alarms  from different machines so operator just need to select particular alarm and only that alarm will be saved in the history or report.. this is what I am looking for.If you have any alternative way to do this please tell.

Regards
    Sandeep

Dear Sandeep2018,

I will be waiting your feedback.

Good luck.

Best regards,
    David Cerdeira

Hi,

Yes working but its just hiding the non-acknowledged alarms hence the sum values are coming as wrong....you may find the attached RDL file 

Hi Sandeep2018,

I don't think that the issue was related to the solution given before, so that I just keep it as it was proposed before. Anyway, I had a look on the RDL file you attached and, basically, I needed to change the following:
    1. DURATION -> See how the expression can be set. You should not filter/test here the content of other dataset fields, i.e. think here as just "raw" data.
    2. See the expressions to display the data in the table (Tablix3) and in the graphic (Chart4) in a specific format.
    (3. I removed other datasets just to ease the handling of the RDL in the project that I previously attached)

I will not go into details here, but I found this very useful thread in other forum.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/13481890/display-seconds-count-in-hhmmss-format-in-ssrs-2008

Please note that I did not test the implemented report in depth. Please note that under no circumstances COPA-DATA or myself take further responsibility for it. I just did as a guide to help you further. I hope you understand this

Good luck.

Best regards,
    David Cerdeira

Dear David,

Thanks for the quick reply and I have used the expression which you have modified in the RDL,  from your previous suggestion to filter the alarms ie acknowledged alarms its working fine but at the same time the duration is showing for the complete alarms acknowledged and non acknowledged. May be more expressions required?

Regards
    Sandeep