Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Zenon 7.20 and Zenon 8 backup conflict

Default Zenon 7.20 and Zenon 8 backup conflict

Hi,
    i had already installed Zenon Version 7.20 SP0 Build23281 32Bit on my pc and i work on it for a long time, but now i have installed also Zenon Version 8.00 SP0 Build50155 64Bit on the same pc
    The problems are:
    -when i open one version 7.20 or 8 automatically open last workspace where i work and projects ask if i want to convert in one or the other version.
    So i would like that when i open one version instead the other one automatically open last workspace of the version wher i work, is possible?
    - second problem,and for me and my colleagues is a big problem, when i save a backup of one project for example with version 7.20 if my colleague want to open it and he don't have version 8 installed,he give an error and is not possible to open a project backup.
    Also me, i tried to uninstall version 8, but when i try to open backup project give me same error .
    There something that are in conflict and if you have 2 version of zenon installed and you save a project backup is not possible to open it if you have only one version installed on pc.Yhis is a big problem for us, please help us and give a solution if is possible
    Thanks

Default Re: Zenon 7.20 and Zenon 8 backup conflict

Hello CiroA,

Thank you very much for your message.

Kindly note that zenon (Editor/Runtime) shall only be started using the zenon Startup Tool. Among other things, the Startup tool allows to start multiple versions of zenon, granting that the right services and other version dependent processes are correctly registered and started. If not, zenon Startup Tool forces its registration and start.

Find more in zenon online help topic Manual > Tools > Startup Tool

On the other hand side, when starting the Editor (or Runtime) directly from a shortcut these sort of checks and registration steps are not taken automatically, so that it is possible that the version of the Editor/Runtime started does not correspond to the services version registered/running, leading to the sort of issues you are describing.

About specifically mixing the 7.20/8.00 project version, it is possible indeed that you have edited the project in 7.20 editor but the zenon database service registered was 8.00 at that time. In this case, the project created relates to v8.00 database service incorrectly, due as above reason. This is also why you cannot open the project backup in a 7.20 editor that has been correctly registered (your colleague PC) and uses only 7.20 related services. 

Please let us know you need further clarification.

Good luck,
    David Cerdeira

Thank you for your help, now we understand the correct use.
    But what about corrupted backup created with both version instead using zenon startup tool? how we can solve this big problem?
    Last edited by CiroA : 5th June 2019 at 08:08

CiroA,

In that case, I strongly recommend you to contact your local support team to have further assistance.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,
    David Cerdeira