Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: IEC60870-5-104 Settings for redundancy with Sicam AK3

Default IEC60870-5-104 Settings for redundancy with Sicam AK3

Hello
    I have one standalone Zenon runtime PC, Communication via IEC60870-5-104 with one redundant Sicam AK3 system, (consisting of tho AK3 with internal voter logic).
    My settings on the Zenon driver are these: Redundancy according to Edition 2.0.
    Communication is working, the driver is establish Connection with both AK3, but if the system Changes Active CPU, the driver still listening on the primary.
    If I make a manual switchover via driver command 104_MANUAL_SWITCH it starts to work again.
    What are the conditions that makes the driver shift to secondary Connection ?
    I only have spontaniously signals, shouldnt it be som kind of polling or internal watchdog in the driver that handles this desicion.
    On the sicam side I have some options to make when the CPU is passive.
    Stop send time setting TI103
    Stop send test command TI107
    Shutdown the ethernetport
    If I select the last one, it works, but leave an alarm on the RTU.

Default Re: IEC60870-5-104 Settings for redundancy with Sicam AK3

In IEC 60870 standard the periodical watchdog of the Data Layer connection is called 'test procedure'. These are not ASDU TI107 frames but small APCI U-frames; the period is the T3 timeout (default 20s).

The driver switches connection (primary <-> secondary) when on current Data Layer the slave is not responding. Or slave closes the TCP socket. In the background the driver process the 'test procedure', but in currently released zenon versions, when socket is kept alive but slave does not react on APCI frames, the driver has issue blocking the switch for quite long (at least T0 timeout * 2); or much longer, depends situation. We fixed it in the IEC870 driver but only for future versions - as there is a workaround working faster as the 'test procedure' could.

The IEC 60870 standard defines that the connection is lost when there is no response T1 timeout long (default 15s). And this T1 timeout (value recommended by the standard) is anyway longer as it would be to force the switch by an applicative solution:
    -> link with the variable representing the active CPU a reaction matrix detecting the switch of CPU and then calling the zenon driver command 104_MANUAL_SWITCH.

If this is not the solution in your case, then please contact your local COPA-DATA Support officially - to request the merge down of the driver fix.

Ok, thanks for Quick response.
    I have done som wiresharking on the Connections, and the passive CPU answers U-frames, but sends no other spont. signals.
    The problem for me happends when the CPU switches from Active to Passive, the Connection in Zenon just freeze, no "invalid" or "not topical" flags are set, so I never get the signalupdate on the variable that says Active CPU has changed. I tried to make a copy of the Active/passive variable, and checked the "Read from standby Server only" but that variable is Always marked as invalid, I suppose its not the same thing as, read from secondary driver Connection.
    Is there a possibility to read some variables from secondary Connection, in that case I could trigger a function and switch Connection.
    Another option could be to read "CPU Clock seconds" to a variable, if the variable has not Changed within 5 seconds or so, I could try to switch Connection, in this way it is possible to detect the switch with a "stalled" variable.

The variable setting 'Read from Standby Server only' is not relevant for the primary/secondary IP of the connection.

If passive CPU still responds U-frames then the only way is to link a variable which regularly changes the value (like this "CPU clock seconds") with a 'multi numeric' Reaction Matrix detecting any value change with the 'Delay' 5-20s (depends performance and traffic). And in this rema - to call the zenon function with manual driver connection switch.
    Thus, if value will not change for N seconds the rema will call the function.

Ok thanks, now it works at least, but for some strange reason it takes 35 seconds before the function executes, not 5 as I have set in the rema.
    See attached rema config, where could that 30s extra com from?

/Tobias
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RemaWatchdog.PNG  

Solved, time was not synched on the PC, now its working as expected.
    /Best Regards Tobias

In the rema I would add also a state detecting the INVALID status bit. For the case that a connection loss happens while the variable "CPU clock seconds" has value 0 (probability 1:60 ). 

Ok, thanks for the tip.