Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Static assignement URCB : they are not enable and reserved on IED's data model

Default Static assignement URCB : they are not enable and reserved on IED's data model

Hello everyone!

I have a question that I can't explain myself.
    I'm using Zenon 850 Driver with a Static assignement RCB (Buffered and Unbuffered).

If I browse online the Data Model of my IED (for example with IEC Browser or IED Scout)  when my project is running I can see that only the buffered report control blocks are ENABLE (RptEn=True). The others ones (Unbuffered) are not enable and not reserved (RptRsv=FALSE & RptEn=False).

If I import on my Zenon DB the data point of the URCB, I can see by Variable Diagnosis screen that URBS variable are RptEn=True and RptRes=True.
    The report seems to work correctly but why there is this discordance from Data model online on my IED and the variable on my Zenon Driver? 

Why I can't reserve a URCB on Zenon ? 

2. #
    Best Answer

Default Re: Static assignement URCB : they are not enable and reserved on IED's data model

>I use another client (IED Scout, IEC 61850 with start reporting), I can take also the same instance because the Online Data Model doesn't show the flag "Resv" = 1

So the problem is obviously that the IED (PLC) in URCBs is not updating correctly the Resv flag. zenon has no influence on implementation mistakes in some IED.

> how I can check on Zenon with DiagViewer if I have no problem with Report Subscription on log of my driver ?

see current (v8.00) zenon Help: IEC850 > Reporting > 'RCB activation - verification possibilities'
    it explains as well the special ConnectionState variable as the DiagViewer entries about success/failure in RCB enabling.

Default Re: Static assignement URCB : they are not enable and reserved on IED's data model

If zenon displays variable value TRUE with status bit SPONT, then it has received from IED the value TRUE.
    Why another software display FALSE while it is TRUE - hard to say, maybe ask the manufacturers of IEC Browser or IED Scout
    In zenon values not received from PLC have special status bits like INVALID or OFF (== red square on screen element). In variable diagnosis screen you can display additional column with status of variables.

>Why I can't reserve a URCB on Zenon ?

I do not understand the question: what do you mean with "reserve a URCB" and what (and why) you want to do with this URCB? Is "report seems to work correctly" not enough to first suppose that not zenon makes problem?

While enabling RCB the zenon iec850 driver handles Resv data attribute automatically before it enables the RCB, it writes SetURCBValues( Resv) before it writes SetURCBValues( RptEna ). In MMS (Wireshark) the Resv and RptEna are in the same MMS frame (in the right order).

Beitrag Re: Static assignement URCB : they are not enable and reserved on IED's data model

I try to explain better.
    I have an IED (RTU 520 ABB) with one URCB and one BRCB. Both of them have 3 istance (max 3 client for the same report control block).

URCB_A
    URCB_A01
    URCB_A02

BRCB_B
    BRCB_B01
    BRCB_B02

If Client1 Zenon takes (RCB Static Assignement) only BufferedRCB_A01, the instance of report is busy and locked from the other Client... No other client can't take the same instance.... And it works fine!

With URCB, If Client1 Zenon takes UnbufferedRCB_A01, the flag "Resv" (Reserved) is set to "1" and no other client can take the same instance of the RCB on the IED.... Maybe, I think that it should work like this...
    But if I use another client (like independent 2° Server Zenon) I'm able to take again the same instance of the URCB (URCB_A01) and I'm not sure that all works correctly if for wrong I take the same instance! 

If I use another client (IED Scout, IEC 61850 with start reporting), I can take also the same instance because the Online Data Model doesn't show the flag "Resv" = 1 that in my example is setted by another Client Zenon.

Am I doing something wrong ? Maybe I think wrong about the flag "Resv" on the Unbuffered Report Contro Block ?
    Then, how I can check on Zenon with DiagViewer if I have no problem with Report Subscription on log of my driver (I used 61850Driver on Siemens on Sicam 230 and the log was on the icon visible of the driver... But now I can't find it!).

THANK YOU 

Best Answer

>I use another client (IED Scout, IEC 61850 with start reporting), I can take also the same instance because the Online Data Model doesn't show the flag "Resv" = 1

So the problem is obviously that the IED (PLC) in URCBs is not updating correctly the Resv flag. zenon has no influence on implementation mistakes in some IED.

> how I can check on Zenon with DiagViewer if I have no problem with Report Subscription on log of my driver ?

see current (v8.00) zenon Help: IEC850 > Reporting > 'RCB activation - verification possibilities'
    it explains as well the special ConnectionState variable as the DiagViewer entries about success/failure in RCB enabling.

Daumen hoch Re: Static assignement URCB : they are not enable and reserved on IED's data model

Thank you!