Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Zenon application hang

Default Zenon application hang

Hello,
         I am using zenon 7.60 build 49005. My application is running but recently I am facing application hang issue when my system is idle. So to troubleshoot problem I checked zenon log files,I observed following errors but I am not getting exact meaning of error. If anyone knows please help me to troubleshoot the problem. Here I have attached error screenshot.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails logfile_err0r.png  

Default Re: Zenon application hang

Hello sachin,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum

The exact reason for the recurring error regarding the value with a 0 timestamp cannot be seen from this screenshot and would require a more detailed analysis with extended logging. I don't think however, that this error is related to the situation where the runtime is not responding.

The log entry regarding the 100ms timer indicates that the runtime may have been blocked for approx. 8 seconds. The reason for this is not clear from the screenshot. There is a number of things that could potentially cause the application to hang. Some of the more common reasons include, incorrectly written user code (VBA/VSTA), realtime scanning by antivirus software during heavy file operations, functions that are configured to be executed in the background either based on limit violation or timed operations, requests for larger amounts of data by a runtime client or external component.

Application hang situations can sometimes be challenging to troubleshoot. I would therefore recommend you to contact your local COPA-DATA support representative for further assistance.

Best regards,
    Mark

Hello,
        Thanks for your reply...

I have checked program backup for VBA error. No VBA errors, but in program I have executed function (type write set value) after every 3 sec for handshaking logic with PLC and file operation type function after every 10 min to copy .ARX , .ARS, .AML, .CEL files in seperate drive.
    Also McAfee antivirus is installed on system.

It is observed that windows stuck when the system is idle. I have checked zenon log files with FKT_TRACE=2, from log files only handshaking and file operation function executed when system is in idle state. Is there any possibility to get windows hang because of execution of these 2 zenon functions after regular interval of 3 sec and 10 min respectively?

Hi Sachin,

With "write set value" it may be possible when you use "change by" or "toggle" at the function, since the system may first need to read the variable, wait for the value to come from the PLC and then write the value. When there is slow communication with the PLC, or communication timeouts, this could be a possible reason. I guess however, that you have some alarm set to the handshake with the PLC and would notice a correlation of communication issues with the system hang.

With file operation it could also be possible. For example when the antivirus software is doing real time scans and is delaying the system, when the amount of data is large or when the other drive is not a local drive but a network drive that temporarily is not accessible.

When you have activated function tracing, look for a correlation of the execution of these functions at the intervals and the log message where the application hangs.

Best regards,
    Mark

Hello,
         Thanks for reply. I will check as per your suggestions.