Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Process Gateway 870 Command to Zenon runtime IEC850

Default Process Gateway 870 Command to Zenon runtime IEC850

I'm using the Zenon Process gateway for upward communication to a master control center on IEC-101. The substation equipment are integrated on IEC61850. My question is regarding the mapping of double commands. Pls explain the procedure.

Default Re: Process Gateway 870 Command to Zenon runtime IEC850

There is no need of special procedure, especially in zenon version >= 8.00. But make sure that you let the default settings about DPI Mapping in the IEC850 driver and IEC870Slave zenon Process Gateway.

In IEC61850 protocol the switching commands - e.g. *CSWI/Pos/Oper.ctlVal[CO] - are BOOL, where values are: 0 - "open", 1 - "close".
    The same philosophy uses the zenPG IEC870Slave - e.g. a Information Object with Type ID 46 ("double command") - is USINT, allowed values are here also: 0 - "open", 1 - "close".

With DPI Mapping feature in zenon drivers and Gateways there are the same values for "Open" and "Close" commands; and Open(0)/Close(1)/Intermediate(2)/Error(3) for positions.

Since version 8.00, you can directly link the *CSWI/Pos/Oper.ctlVal[CO] variable from IE850 driver in IEC870Slave - as T46 Information Object. In zenon versions <= 7.60 you have to first change manually the data types of IEC850 variables, before the use as Information Objects in IEC870Slave.

The IE850 driver supports the change of the data type of a variable to another data type (as long values then would be still "compatible"). So, also in monitoring direction - e.g. *CSWI/Pos/stVal[ST] you can change manually the data type from UDINT to USINT and link in zenon Process Gateway IEC870Slave  in zenon versions <= 7.60 - as Information Object with Type ID 31 "double-point information". 

Frage Re: Process Gateway 870 Command to Zenon runtime IEC850

Quote Originally Posted by ursulak View Post
    The IE850 driver supports the change of the data type of a variable to another data type (as long values then would be still "compatible"). So, also in monitoring direction - e.g. *CSWI/Pos/stVal[ST] you can change manually the data type from UDINT to USINT and link in zenon Process Gateway IEC870Slave  in zenon versions <= 7.60 - as Information Object with Type ID 31 "double-point information". 
    Hello Ursula,
    1. as per your last point, I have changed my datatype of *CSWI/Pos/stVal[ST] to USINT but I am not able to see my variable(*CSWI/Pos/stVal[ST]) in process gateway for type ID 31.
    2. I am able to map my command variable to IEC870 slave and I am able to actuate my breaker from SLDC without the use of command processing. Upon using 'remote action'  the command does not get actuated through command processing rather it directly actuates the breaker without checking interlocking.

Please advise on the above two points.

Thank You,
    regards

Regards,
    Joel

>I have changed my datatype of *CSWI/Pos/stVal[ST] to USINT but I am not able to see my variable(*CSWI/Pos/stVal[ST]) in process gateway for type ID 31

in zenPG: is the list of possible variables empty or displays only another variables?
    have you compiled and reloaded project after changes of data types?

>Upon using 'remote action'  the command does not get actuated...

the 'auto-remote' actions are used only when the sector (COA) of zenPG is configured to use 'select routing' and the command variable (*/Oper.cltVal[CO]) has activated property 'Select Before Operate' (in group 'set value').
    Else (while no 'select routing' + SBO) the zenPG transfers the command directly to the responsible driver (iec850) - not interacting with Command Processing. And it transfers this command first when master sends an Execute command.

see zenon Help: Manual > Process Gateway > IEC870 Slave > Communication > Commands > Select routing

if the only reason for interlocking by auto-remote action is the check of local/remote mode that maybe consider to dynamically deactivate/activate the commands in zenon Process Gateway by use of IO of TypeID=0 with IOA=2 ("reject or ignore commands"). This IO works sector-wise (for particular COA).

Frage Re: Process Gateway 870 Command to Zenon runtime IEC850

Quote Originally Posted by ursulak View Post
    if the only reason for interlocking by auto-remote action is the check of local/remote mode that maybe consider to dynamically deactivate/activate the commands in zenon Process Gateway by use of IO of TypeID=0 with IOA=2 ("reject or ignore commands"). This IO works sector-wise (for particular COA).

Hello Ursula,
    Thanks for the reply.
    I have tried it as per your suggestion, but still after selecting 'select routing' my process gateway is not able to receive the command variable status from the SLDC. I tried to monitor the status bit SE870 and COT 7. But neither one's are getting high. The select before operate is enabled.

My variable at IEC60870 master is [Link1]T46 1.26
    Datatype - USINT

Datatype at IEC870 PG side - USINT

Kindly advice

Thank You
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 10.JPG   11.JPG  
    Last edited by joelprasad : 14th March 2019 at 14:40
    Regards,
    Joel

>My variable at IEC60870 master is [Link1]T46 1.26

The variable name suggests that you are simulating the master using also zenon. Hopefully you are not using single project with as well IEC850, zenPG IEC870 Slave  and IEC870 Master. Theoretically it would work, no worry, but it would be easy to totally confuse the configuration. If you would link a zenon IEC870 (master) variable as an IO in zenPG IEC870 Slave, then there could be very strange effects. So I would recommend you to start second PC and simulate this remote 870-master in another zenon project. Then you will also see in Wireshark what this master is sending (or not).

Are you sure that this master sends commands with Select? Does the variable [Link1]T46 1.26 has activated property 'Select before operate' and is linked to the Command Processing? The IEC870 driver sends Select only if is used together with Command Processing module. And, do NOT use the same command group for IEC850 variable (linked in zenPG) and for IEC870 (master ) variables. Else you can confuse even more.

I'm proposing you to contact COPA-DATA Support officially and ask for a sample project with Select routing from an 870-master via zenPG 870-Slave to an IEC850 controllable object.