Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Driver Commands

Default Driver Commands

Hi Guys
    I am using IEC 61850 driver. Will be fetching nearly 40 thousand variables from this driver. Sometimes the Driver stops without any notification. Is it possible to Start the driver online with the Driver Commands? Is there a way to detect whether the driver is running or not?

Default Re: Driver Commands

hi,
    >Sometimes the Driver stops without any notification.

the driver probably receives some malformed frames from the IEDs. The iec850 driver is not a validation tool for IEC61850 or MMS communication, so if an IED is not compliant with MMS protocol in a very strange way or makes some fuzzy frames ...
    Please contact your COPA-DATA Support officially to support you in the diagnostic of the issue.

> Is it possible to Start the driver online with the Driver Commands?
    NO.
    Else our customers will tend to start the driver, instead to contact Support and give us the chance to make the driver "immune" against this particular implementation mistake in IED.

> Is there a way to detect whether the driver is running or not? 
    My proposal would be to choose some LREAL variable which the IED is updating regularly, e.g. some analogue value *[MX] or timestamp (*t[MX]), and link with a reaction matrix causing by any value change an alarm with delay e.g. 30s. Then when this value does not change for 30s --> you will get the alarm.
    Alternative to fast floating values from real IEDs would be to configure an additional zenon Logic with IEC61850 Server with very simple data model and without reports and toggle in this server some *stValST] value. All your driver instances may then have additional connection to this virtual 850-server too. An 850-Server in Logic supports as many clients connections as you want, even when all those clients have the same IP.

Thank You for the Fast reply
    Here I am using Zenon Logic on the other end to simulate an IED.(like a gateway)
    Now when the driver fails I have to restart the Runtime to start the driver again. This is not possible since it takes more time for my runtime to start and it affects the other projects and processes. Is there any work-around?

There is no way to start a zenon driver later manually, only Runtime is able to do this, and it does it only at own start. A driver is not a "normal" Windows application, the start demands additional registration and handling in OS.
    Contact Support officially, we have to diagnose the MMS communication.

Frage AW: Driver Commands

Sorry, now I'm a little bit confused. What does the functiontype Driver commands -> Start driver really do when it doesn't start the driver? In help documentation it says this function initialize and starts the driver...

this function starts logically a stopped driver, so a driver with deactivated communication - because of function "stop driver".  This is to stop/start communication e.g. while the PLC/IED is in maintenance, communication cables are damaged, etc.

Hi,

I added 2 temporary buttons yesterday in a Sicam 230 program to be able to stop and start the IEC61850 driver.

The stop command is working fine and stops all communication on the driver.

However, the start command doesn't seem to do anything.

Does anybody have any hints on what might be wrong?

We have a redundant configuration (redundant Scada Servers, redundant terminal servers, x thin clients).

Philippe

In Sicam 230 the driver IEC61850 is made by Siemens, not by COPA-DATA (is not the same as zenon IEC850 driver). I do not know the Sicam 320 driver well enough to give any hint, maybe contact Siemens Support.