Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Modified XML of Variables won't change after importing to Editor

Ausrufezeichen Modified XML of Variables won't change after importing to Editor

Hi. I have a Group of variable which are made of a structure datatype. I need to edit some of variables properties, to be exact : Limits[1] and Limits[2] text values.
    I exported them as XML , and edited via a XML editor. when i import it back, it is not changed at all. What should i do?

2. #
    Best Answer

Rotes Gesicht Re: Modified XML of Variables won't change after importing to Editor

OK, I found the problem.
    Before exporting, i should have selected i variables which i wanted to export, then right clicked on Limit Values on Properties Bar, and selected "Separate all properties from datatype". Then, XML file could be modified and again imported correctly. Otherwise, datatype properties overrides the modified XML.

Default Re: Modified XML of Variables won't change after importing to Editor

Hi  Pooyan_s95,

I'm not sure exactly what you did, but you could check and make sure that in the variable XML import dialog, you set the option to overwrite the existing variables.

Best regards,
    Mark

Unglücklich Re: Modified XML of Variables won't change after importing to Editor

Quote Originally Posted by markclemens View Post
    Hi  Pooyan_s95,

I'm not sure exactly what you did, but you could check and make sure that in the variable XML import dialog, you set the option to overwrite the existing variables.

Best regards,
    Mark
    Hi,
    I set that option to overwrite, but it didn't work.
    I think it has something to do with datatype. I created some boolean variables for test then i exported and modified it with xml editor and it imported correctly. But my desired variable with custom datatype won't change after importing. and all properties are set to default value of datatype after modifying XML and importing.

Best Answer

Rotes Gesicht Re: Modified XML of Variables won't change after importing to Editor

OK, I found the problem.
    Before exporting, i should have selected i variables which i wanted to export, then right clicked on Limit Values on Properties Bar, and selected "Separate all properties from datatype". Then, XML file could be modified and again imported correctly. Otherwise, datatype properties overrides the modified XML.