Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Modbus energy driver

Default Modbus energy driver

Hi, does anyone can help on this issue? Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.PNG  

Default Re: Modbus energy driver

Shaun,

This is an error occurring when the runtime experiences a permissions error when attempting to start the driver.

Normally, standard user rights are sufficient when starting the runtime. You can try and start the driver manually by executing the "MODBUS_ENERGY.exe" file from the zenon installation directory, to see if this error also appears or if perhaps another error is reported.

Could it be that some other third party software like anti malware anti virus with heuristic capabilities may be blocking the execution? Or that this system where the runtime is installed, is locked down severely through group policies?

Best regards,
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by markclemens View Post
    Shaun,

This is an error occurring when the runtime experiences a permissions error when attempting to start the driver.

Normally, standard user rights are sufficient when starting the runtime. You can try and start the driver manually by executing the "MODBUS_ENERGY.exe" file from the zenon installation directory, to see if this error also appears or if perhaps another error is reported.

Could it be that some other third party software like anti malware anti virus with heuristic capabilities may be blocking the execution? Or that this system where the runtime is installed, is locked down severely through group policies?

Best regards,
    Mark

Hi Mark,

I have try several methods to troubleshoot it including those possibilities that you have stated. However, I have found out that it can be used without any problem in the zenon version of 7.50 but it remain the same problem in version 7.60. So, may I know what's the problem for it? Currently, the pc running on windows 10 operating system and didnt install any antivirus software and I have turn off windows defender when running the program. Btw, what do you means for locked down severely through group policies?

Thanks and regards
    Shaun

Hi Shaun,

With different versions, are you using the zenon startup tool to switch between version 7.60 and version 7.50?

Best regards,
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by markclemens View Post
    Hi Shaun,

With different versions, are you using the zenon startup tool to switch between version 7.60 and version 7.50?

Best regards,
    Mark

Hi Mark,

Yes, I'm using zenon start-up  tools to open different versions of it. I have do a standard register before open editor. Once I have create a driver under modbus energy and open up runtime, it shows failed to create connection under version of 7.60 whereas it shows nothing and open up the runtime directly in version of 7.50.

Best regards,
    Shaun