Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: DNP3_TG Driver monitor

Default DNP3_TG Driver monitor

Hello,

I'm looking for a way to monitor my DNP3_TG drivers to PLCs in the field.

Basically a 0=Com loss 1=Coms OK, vice versa.

I read in the manual you can use the communication String OFSET 61, But this value is a string and doesn't seem to work for DNP3_TG, Even after I manually disconnect comms to force a disconnect.

I don't want to monitor variables, But rather the driver itself.

Default Re: DNP3_TG Driver monitor

Hi SEL_RSA,

The DNP3_TG driver offers extensive communication statistics through driver local variables. Please have a look at the driver object type "Statistics".

Normally when you import variables either online in the editor (class 0 poll from the device) or offline in the editor (import of DNP3 XML device profile) the statistics variables are also offered for automatic import.

For TCP there are dedicated state variables for the statistics variables. For UDP and Serial, there a re statistics variables that allow monitoring the DNP3 data link layer.

Best regards,
    Mark