Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Zenon Project to get COMTRACE file from IED

Default Zenon Project to get COMTRACE file from IED

Dear all
     Could you send me a sample project can get COMTRACE file form IED ?
    thank you

Default Re: Zenon Project to get COMTRACE file from IED

Hello gunhunter,

Do I understand correctly, that you want to retrieve (i.o.w. copy) the COMTRADE file from the IED to the system running zenon?

Several zenon communication drivers, like IEC850, IEC870 and DNP3_TG have file transfer capabilities that can be used to retrieve files from IEDs. You can find more information on how this can be used in the corresponding online help for each of these drivers.

When you have an IED using another protocol or an IED that does not provide file transfer for such files, typically there are ftp or sftp capabilities which you can utilize. Using ftp applications with command line options, it may also be possible to retrieve the files by using a corresponding zenon function to start an application.

Cheers,
    Mark

Dear Sir
     I need fault recorder from IEC with IEC850 driver.
     I saw some thread in same topic like https://forum.copadata.com/showthrea...ile-extraction. I want to know which foder contain that file in Zenon computer?
    and How can I change its? 
    Thank and best regard

Hello gunhunter,

The directory where files retrieved from IEDs are stored locally on the system with the zenon runtime and IEC850 MMS client driver, depends on the setting in the driver configuration. By default this is c:\temp but this can be changed. This directory is valid for all connections (MMS server / IEDs) configured within this driver. The file name is identical to the name on the originating device.

Best regards,
    Mark

Dear Mark
     In thread https://forum.copadata.com/showthrea...ile-extraction, If I want to get COMTRADE file from IED, I must flow steps

• the first - DIR - is for requesting the directory information, it takes the list of files the IEC61850 Server,
    • the second - GET - for getting a file - to copy it on driver's PC,
    • the third - DEL - is for deleting a file in the IEC61850 Server directory
    Sorry, I don't understand that steps. Could you show me do that in Micom relay (like P143 or P543... or any). I think that we must get file.dat and file.cfg to see fault record it true ?
         Thank and best regard

It is not possible to prepare a sample project for File Transfer which will work then by you, as each manufacturer of IED can follow own philosophy how the disturbance files are called, if they are in a subdirectory, and if yes - what is the directory name etc. And, also on your PC with zenon, the directory for the received files can have any name - given like you make it in Windows; not possible to determine by a person preparing the project in COPA-DATA office. We don't have access to your Windows

Please follow the steps documented in the driver manual. In case of zenon IEC850 driver this is documented in help: Drivers > IEC850 > IEC850 client functions > Filetransfer

Hello Mark
     I have an example :If I want to get Fault Record from Seimens Relay, I have to read 2 file FR0001.dat and FR0001.cfg in IED.
     Flow Steps https://forum.copadata.com/showthrea...ile-extraction
    After I setup variable in Zenon Project 
    I must send GET FR0001.dat or GET FR0001.cfg to IED is it true ?
     Thankyou

Quote Originally Posted by gunhunter View Post
    I must send GET FR0001.dat or GET FR0001.cfg to IED is it true ?
    could be true, could not. It depends - if the IED has those files in main directory - then true.
    But it could be that the IED has those files in a subdirectory, e.g. with name COMTRADE. Please note the right name for this file format is COMTRADE, not "COMTRACE".
    In such case you have to first set the command variable value GET COMTRADE\FR0001.dat (or maybe GET COMTRADE/FR0001.dat, or GET InternalCard:\Fault\20190218\FR0001.dat etc.). I do not know how Micom relays are storing the files. But when you send the command DIR then a correct IED shall respond using the name syntax it will then understand in GET. The result of DIR - the list of file names (with eventually a path to subdirectory), and dates and sizes of files, are in the second zenon variable - the directory variable.

If you want to transfer as well dat-file as cfg-file - so 2 files - then you have to do the command to GET the first file, wait until the command variable changes value to GET OK, and then you have to do the command GET again - for the second file. In each GET command you have to type the file name (and path) like IED has. After the transfer of both files will be on your hard drive in the directory defined in the driver configuration on the tab 'Basic settings' - property 'Directory for file transfer'.
    Last edited by ursulak : 18th February 2019 at 16:41 Reason: format