Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: reading memory bits in zenon energy edition from Delta 12SE PLC

Default reading memory bits in zenon energy edition from Delta 12SE PLC

Hi Guys,

I am able to read Holding registers from my DELTA 12SE PLC using Modbus Energy driver with offset of 4097, however I am struggling to read memory bits using Modbus Energy driver. I use Coil and offset of 2049 for memory bits according to delta datasheet. I am not getting anything and there is no error.

looking forward for your help.

Regards
    Lingelethu.

Default Re: reading memory bits in zenon energy edition from Delta 12SE PLC

Hi Lingelethu,

When you can read holding registers OK, it seems the general settings, like modbus slave ID / unit identifier, should be correct. I don't have the datasheet of this specific PLC, but I did find something possibly for this type of device, where it seems the Modbus Coil addresses don't start at 0 and also there are gaps in the modbus coil  addressing. Possibly, the coil address you are trying to read, does not exist.

Have a look at the log files recorded by the zenon diagnosis server, using the zenon diagnosis viewer to see if there are any errors.

Best regards,
    Mark

Thanks Mark,

I saw my mistake, I created structured element for my memory bits. Zenon does not like that. I had to create each variable for a memory bit. read coil and bool(not using my structure element I created). 

>I created structured element for my memory bits. Zenon does not like that. I had to create each variable for a memory bit. read coil and bool(not using my structure element I created).

I do not agree with this opinion about what zenon likes (or not)
    If in zenon Editor you create a structure of items, e.g. few BOOLs, then in the Runtime this will be anyway spited (internally) to the list of single variables - each representing one item in the structure. So in the Runtime, it does not meter if these coils are separated, independent variables or if they are items in one structure. But the Addressing DOES mater. If you are using a structure you have to take care that the setting of the data type (and then variable) in the property groups 'structure options' and 'addressing' are resulting than in the addresses of the right coil offsets for each item. And this is only possible if a structure gathers coils of following offsets, so without "jumps", gaps etc. 

Rotes Gesicht Re: reading memory bits in zenon energy edition from Delta 12SE PLC

I do not agree with this opinion about what zenon likes (or not)

Sorry for that statement. now I understand.