Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: IEC 62056-21 Driver

Default IEC 62056-21 Driver

Hi, I am trying to use the IEC62056-21 driver in Zenon 8.0 to read values from a CEWE Prometer however I am unable to get Zenon to communicate to it.

The meter is connected to the computer via a serial cable, it is set as RS232 with the following setting
    Port Name: COM1 Baud Rate: 19200 Data Bits: 7 Parity: Even Stop Bits: One Protocol: None

The device has an address of 11 and it also has a password.

I have created a few variables to test be they are showing as INVALID, these have a OBIS address of :
    0.0.1.0.0.255 Clock
    1.1.1.8.0.1 Active Power
    1.1.14.7.0.255 Frequency

Using GXDLMSDirector with the settings above I can read values from the meter.

I am overlooking something?

Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: IEC 62056-21 Driver

The log-file does not contain enough info. It looks that the full logging was configured for the application zenLogSrv (a Widows task assuring for all zenon components the access to the common log), and not for the driver. Or maybe this driver logs in serial only limited info, I'm nor sure, I've never used this driver. 

In the log I can see that the driver is sending to the meter a frame with the content (hex) 2F 3F 31 31 21 0D 0A and then gets no response; it waits 3s. While the GXDLMSDirector sends similar 2F 3F 21 0D 0A and gets the response about 340ms later. And then the GXDLMSDirector changes after the first response the communication to the mode E. Please note that the IEC62056 driver (documented) works basing on mode C (the "programming mode"). 

The additional 2 bytes with 31 31 are ASCII codes for "11" and in the frame at the place of the device address, which according IEC 62056-21 is an optional field. Maybe this address value "11" is wrong or the meter is not supporting the optional things.

If my info doesn't help - make a project backup and send an email to your local COPA-DATA Support.

Hi
    Do you have any update of this driver?
    I want to connect A1700 meter but no success.

If the driver is not supporting the mode your device is using, then you can order the enhancement in the driver. To do this you have to contact your COPA-DATA representative officially - to order it. And, you would have to deliver a sample device - for development and testing of this enhancement (of course after this, you will get the device back).