Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Process Gateway - mapping of USINT points to DI2 (DNP3)

Default Process Gateway - mapping of USINT points to DI2 (DNP3)

Hi,

I've been doing some testing with the new process gateway & have found an odd issue with how USINT points are mapped to the DI2 point for AccessDNP3_SG.

I have set up some internal variables for testing (USINT) and mapped them to DNP3 points via process gateway. I notice that the raw value isnt mapped 1:1 but seems to be changed based on SCADA mapping.

Raw USINT : Sent via DNP3
    0 : 1
    1 : 2
    2 : 0
    3 : 3

There is no option that I can see to set this in the process gateway (unlike within the DNP3 driver where it can be changed).

Can you advise on why this is?

Thanks,

Dave

Default Re: Process Gateway - mapping of USINT points to DI2 (DNP3)

Hi Dave,

For double point status variables in the zenon runtime, the following is defined:

Value 0: OFF / OPEN
    Value 1: ON / CLOSED
    Value 2: INTERMEDIATE
    Value 3: FAULTY

These are the values which the zenon command processing, automatic line coloring, topological interlockings, command sequencer, load flow calculation, etc. work with.
    One reasoning behind this is, that for an operator or HMI engineer it is clear, that 0 is off or open and 1 is on or closed, regardless if this is a single input or a double input.

The AccessDNP3_SG Process Gateway performs a translation of these values to the corresponding DNP3 Double Bit Binary input values as described in Table 11-14 of IEEE Std 1815-2012. This is also the reason why you see the "odd" raw values. If you however would receive double bit binary input values in a compliant DNP3 master, you would again get the same state (OFF, ON, INTERMEDIATE, FALUTY) as listed above

The DNP3_TG DNP3 Master driver allows configuration of the Double Point mapping for both pseudo binary double inputs as well as DNP double bit binary inputs, for interoperability reasons to allow communication with legacy and non-compliant devices.

Best regards,
    Mark