Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Variable XML export/import

Default Variable XML export/import

Hi to all!

Story goes like this.
    I have successfully exported all variables to XML file. I have made some changes to XML file (for example: field for showing variable limit value in AML changed from FALSE to TRUE) and saved it.
    After the changes I have imported the new XML file successfully to Zenon but even the changed fields in XML file are on TRUE, the fields in Zenon project remained on FALSE.

Can somebody tell me where I'm doing wrong? Do I need to change some other field too?

I would like to change like this some other fields beside checkbox for showing in AML:
    - checkbox for showing in CEL
    - Tagname
    - Limit value text

I hope somebody can help me.

Default Re: Variable XML export/import

Hello,

it sounds like you have only set 'FlagIsAlarm' to true. If that's the case, you have to add a new XML tag within the desired 'Limits' tag with the name 'Alarm' and also set that to true

For showing in CEL, create the XML tag 'Cel' inside the limit tag, set it to true, and also set 'FlagToCEL' to true.
    For changing the tag name, change the attribute 'shortName' of the desired variable and also the 'Name' tag
    For changing the limit value text, add a new XML tag 'Text' inside the Limit tag and put your string into there.

Unfortunately the forum doesn't like XML code, so here's an example screenshot

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	10
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	2435

Best Regards
    Lukas
    Last edited by LukasRotter : 31st October 2018 at 15:51

Hi LukasRotter,
    thank you for quick answer!

For showing in AML and CEL is now all clear.

I don't need to change "ShortName" but "Tagname" field in XML file (that is "Identification" field when you open General tab for variable in Zenon).
    I tried to do it and I made the updated XML with new name, but when I import that file into Zenon project Identification field remains the same. Is there also some flag I should change to TRUE?

For Limit.Text field I think that I have to change FlagMessage to TRUE if I want Zenon to accept the new string.

I tried to do it and I made the updated XML with new name, but when I import that file into Zenon project Identification field remains the same. Is there also some flag I should change to TRUE?
    I don't know of such a flag. I just tried it with a new variable and the change of the identification worked for me. Could you maybe attach your XML file or a shortened version of it? (Forum doesn't like XML code directly inside of the post)

For Limit.Text field I think that I have to change FlagMessage to TRUE if I want Zenon to accept the new string.
    Correct, I forgot to mention that.

Please find file attached.

For example, I tried to change Tagname for TIA1HHA40CT003.O_ALARM_HH_ACT from "@alarm HH" to "@alarm HH 111" with no success.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Try to set the XML tag "IsLocalTagname" of the variable to TRUE. If it is set to FALSE, the tagname will be automatically taken from the datatype.

Best Regards
    Lukas
    Last edited by LukasRotter : 31st October 2018 at 16:53

Thanks, it works :-).