Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: IEC 870-103 driver

Default IEC 870-103 driver

Hi all
    I tried to receive some 103 point from AREVA relay using driver IEC870_10332 via serial port but all variables display status i-bit. I also check function type and information number that correct in AREVA manual.
    Has anybody tried with this and could you tell me how to receive 103 information?
    Thanks.

Default Re: IEC 870-103 driver

What version of zenon are you using? Or give me you iec870_10332.exe file version (it is showed as file property in Windows Explorer).

What LOG-entries are coming from the driver to Diagnosis Viewer?

Version of Zenon 6.22 SP1 build 0 . The version of IEC870_10332.exe is 6.22.1.1400.
    Thanks

It is quite new version, introduced short before driver enhancement with COMTRADE format by file transfer.
    Please comment the duplicate of your post in "COMTRADE file" topic as not actual...

Without any information from LOG I cannot help you. Please start DiagViewer.exe parallel to running zenon Runtime with your project and check what entries writes the driver, first of level ERRORS. How to configure DiagViewer you will find in zenon Help.

Did you set Net address by your variables as defined in Connection list in driver configuration? It is one of common mistakes.

What driver object type your variables have?

Hi
    This is the first time I use this software so I do not know how to explain.
    Here are log file that I receive from DiagViewer and another from free serial port monitor. Could you see it and give me some advice?
    In driver configuration I set net address same as net address of variables, and link address as AREVA relay address. I set some point that I want to receive from AREVA relay like: general start, general trip with driver type object : Monitor, monitor transient and data type : BOOL.
    In free serial port log file seem that the first time IEC870_10332 request and AREVA answer. But status of variables still display i-bit.
    Could you give me some advice?
    Thanks and regards
    Attached Files Attached Files

DiagViewer1.txt - I can only say that the driver does not received from PLC the variables you configured in project. Please read zenon Help and configure DiagViewer to obtain log information from all modules and of all levels.

COM4_Log.htm shows this communication only in hex codes, I havenít time to analyze it in detail, but it seems that the communication starts normal.

I suppose your problem lays in variables addressing. The best you can do is just to make a better log and to backup your project (better: make a sample project with only this driver) and send this two files to COPA-DATA support. With the information what exactly Areva PLC you are using.

Hi
    There are some logging file I try to test.
    In ASE2000 , I use line monitor seem display communication worked fine but I can not received any information except inject some fault. I also try to simulate master from relay for receive some information.
    Could you check it and advice me how to create variables exactly that zenon can receive some 103 information? I use P132 overcurrent relay for testing.

Thanks and regards.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Please send your problem to COPA-DATA support: support@copadata.com

Your problem is not a general know-how interesting to discuss of a WEB-Forum, it is normal issue where you need project development consulting from support.

Everyone who has a zenon license has right for cost-free support.

To turn on full logging of a driver you have to configure it in DiagViewer by running Runtime. Only by running driver application DiagViewer can configure it.
    In your log-file I still see only ERROR-level entries of iec870-103 driver and superfluous DEEPDEBUG entries of other zenon components.

I have one more idea - in the driver version 1400 was already introduced a possibility to use a BOOL Variable of driver object type CONNECTION STATE and FUN and INF set on 0. Such variable has value 1 when the connection is active, at least on the Data Link OSI Layer.

Hi, I have not yet tried with 103 driver but I have had some intructions and post in here for everybody
    1 . According to IEC60870-5-103 Standard the messages are using data type DPI (in monitor direction) or DCO (in control direction) defined in 7.2.6.4 and 7.2.6.5. For such variables please take in zenon data type SINT or USINT, not BOOL, because the value 1 means Off (value 0 is not in use) and value 2 - On.
    2. The driver supports a driver object type for variables CONNECTION STATE, that show 1 when communication at least at the DataLink OSI Layer goes. Please create such variable in zenon to check out if the driver can open a session with relay.
    If there is no connection, check if COM is not used or blocked by some other application.
    AREVA relay has its Communication Interface set on available and on use the right protocol. In Technical Data Sheet of p132, the relay can use IEC60870-103 on two Interfaces, have you tried to communicate using each of them
    If CONNECTION STATE shows 1 - there is connection but you cannot still communicate any value that would mean the variable addressing in zenon is wrong or the relay is set in mode "monitor direction blocked" - INF<20> or some other settings in relay block it to answer.
    Hope that its helpful for everybody.
    Best regards.