Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Variable deactivation and alarm deactivation from Runtime

Frage Variable deactivation and alarm deactivation from Runtime

Hello Team,
    Is it possible to deactivate a variable(or many) and alarm from the runtime. ?

That is the variable deactivated from the Runtime should not be ever polled until I activate it back and the Alarm deactivated for any variable should not show Alarm event in AML.

Please suggest. 
    Regards,
    Joel

Best Answer

Default Re: Variable deactivation and alarm deactivation from Runtime

You may set for variable the OFF status bit ("switched off") - zenon Help: Manual > Status processing > Status bits > Switched off [OFF]
    or the status "alternative value" (ALT_VAL) - zenon Help: Manual > Status processing > Status bits > Alternative value [ALT_VAL]

In the Runtime you can set/reset OFF (or ALT_VAL) status bit via set value dialog of screen element linked with the variable:

Or, if valuable is linked with Command Processing - via action type 'status input' or 'replace' etc.
    Or via RGM. 

Or the whole group of variables (e.g. all variables provided by single PLC during maintenance of the device/connection) - if you link variables with an Alarm Group and call zenon function:
    Manual > Alarms administration > Configuring alarms > Functions > Functions for alarm administration > AML: Activate or deactivate alarm/event groups/classes  

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails zenon RT set value standard dialog.png  

Quote Originally Posted by ursulak View Post
    You may set for variable the OFF status bit ("switched off") - zenon Help: Manual > Status processing > Status bits > Switched off [OFF]
    or the status "alternative value" (ALT_VAL) - zenon Help: Manual > Status processing > Status bits > Alternative value [ALT_VAL]

In the Runtime you can set/reset OFF (or ALT_VAL) status bit via set value dialog of screen element linked with the variable:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	zenon RT set value standard dialog.png
Views:	32
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	2392
    Or, if valuable is linked with Command Processing - via action type 'status input' or 'replace' etc.
    Or via RGM.

Or the whole group of variables (e.g. all variables provided by single PLC during maintenance of the device/connection) - if you link variables with an Alarm Group and call zenon function:
    Manual > Alarms administration > Configuring alarms > Functions > Functions for alarm administration > AML: Activate or deactivate alarm/event groups/classes

Hello Ursula,
    How can I identify in runtime that a variable is deactivated using the off status? Will I get any indication/status??? As if now, according to my trials the variable's still shows spontaneous status in variable monitoring screen.
    I ma using Straton to activate off status bit. Is this a preferred method to follow?
    Last edited by joelprasad : 23rd September 2018 at 20:07
    Regards,
    Joel

when variable has status bit OFF the screen element has red square (like by INVALID) and when you right-click on element the context info will display that variable is switched off.

The status bit OFF is a "functional" status, the Logic (straton) is not allowed to set/reset it. The Logic is connected with zenon via driver (e.g. stratonNG, or 'Logic to SCADA connection' for 'external visible', etc.) and the status bit OFF mens "no driver communication". Thus, the status bit OFF cannot come to zenon via a driver.

Only zenon Runtime is allowed to set/reset this bit. Use one of the methods I've listed in my first post.

Hello Ursula,
    The problem is when we we have to deactivate a group of variables, say 100-200 , then doing it from the element is not possible. And many of the variables are used for archiving.
    In zenon logic we have a functional block 'set status bit'. Can't that be used
    Regards,
    Joel

as I have proposed: use RGM (Recipe Group Manager) or group variables in an Alarm Group and deactivate the Group.