Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: File transfer

Default File transfer

Hi,

I want to use from the file transfer function for transferring comtrade files from device to pc by IEC61850 driver but some error occurs during test. The zenon version is 6.50 SP0 and also my device is the F650 from GE Multilin. You can find its file transfer datasheet as attachment.

1. First of all I am sure that the F650 has comtrade files in its memory and communication with zenon established successfully.

2. I create two string variables with the name “Server1!Command” and “Server1!Directory” with object type File Transfer in 61850 driver. I define Net Address 1 , offset 0 and String length 100 for both variables.

3. Then I create two Dynamic Text in picture for above variables.

4. I send the set value “DIR FileSpec” to the “Server1!Command” variable in runtime but “DIR ERROR’ appear s in dynamic text. Also red squire appears. Please find its screen shot.

What do you think about my problem?

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails F650 File transfer model.pdf   error.JPG  
    Last edited by roberto1978 : 22nd March 2010 at 18:07

Default Re: File transfer

Please try out just to write "DIR", so without any fileSpec. As result you should receive in the second variable the list of files and your command variable should change to "DIR OK".
    Then you can give the command "GET fileSpec" where as fileSpec you write one of, thanks "DIR" already known, file names.

When you have many files it can happen that string lenght 100 for Directory variable would not be enough. And i hope in driver configuration your Server has name "Server1", hasn't?

By any error you should also have an entry in LOG-file, what about use of DiagViewer?

Dear ursulap,

I could receive files from the F650 relay successfully but manually and one by one.

In the next step, I require a procedure to readout automatically only new files from device by zenon when new files have been created in device. I can import file trigger condition in the F650 as variable in zenon for any program.

As you know that above matter is basic requirement in substation automation system.

Could you please give me some information about readout new files from device automatically?
    Is there way for reading all files in one step and also delete them?

Thanks,

It seems to me that in IEC61850 Standard the GetFile processes only one file. Thus you can pick files only one by one.

In zenon there is no automatic to store info when some files were already picked and any time filter for "DIR". You have to program any procedure you need by yourself.

To delete a file on the PLC, you have to send the set value "DEL FileName'" to the command variable. There was in zenon help some paste&copy mistake .

Quote Originally Posted by roberto1978 View Post
    As you know that above matter is basic requirement in substation automation system.
    To be honest, I don’t know. I've supposed all "basic requirement" could be found in Standard, IEC850 it is a quite new one. Naturally, if you see that something general - not only in case of your project - is missing, please let us know your arguments.

To be honest, I don’t know but client engineers ask it from us extremely because some Substation Automation System like SICAM PAS , MICRO SCADA and GE_NESIS cover all above requests without that you have to program any procedure by yourself.

My experience shows that if everyone try to program by himself, its result is not good so I suggest you that program require procedure by Copadata.
    I think the request of many customers is the same as me.

OK, i understand...
    Even if our energy industry manager will decide we should implement an automatic file transfer of only new files, it wouldn't be implement right now. IMHO it is maybe a nice idea but isn't any important feature and can be worked around by self-programming. So, please don’t wait.

Is it possible to send Server!Command DIR or GET with symbolic addressing in settings for 61850driver?  Because I tried to send !Command DIR with addressing - variable name and it works fine, but when I select symbolic addressing for the driver it doesn't work.

I'm always addressing variables via symbolic address only and the file transfer works for sure.
    Syntax of reference is X!Command (so not "!Command"), the Net Address must be set correctly and the 'driver object type' setting must be 'file transfer'. 

Quote Originally Posted by focus View Post
    Is it possible to send Server!Command DIR or GET with symbolic addressing in settings for 61850driver?  Because I tried to send !Command DIR with addressing - variable name and it works fine, but when I select symbolic addressing for the driver it doesn't work.

Did you copy the variable name (i.e. the address) to the symbolic address property of the variables?

>Did you copy the variable name [..]
     if you copy a text from one property of a variable to another property, or you type the text on your keyboard, what would be the difference?

If you need to know what i'm doing:
    I'm creating a string variable of driver object type 'file transfer' with any name (e.g. "IEDA_FileTransfer_CO"), then i'm increasing length of variable to 255, then symbolic address "x!Command" and Net Address of my connection in driver (typically 1). That's it.

Maybe you are missing in driver configuration the directory (or directory does not exists)?