Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Too many variables for Simulation with ZenOn Logic

Default Too many variables for Simulation with ZenOn Logic

Hello ZenOn users, 

I have been trying to use ZenOn Logic to simulate the behavior of my application without connection to the PLCs. 
    I read the manual for Driver Simulation, but I am having the following issue. 

After changing the driver from Hardware to Simulation Programmed, creating the simulation project and running it. I cannot change the online values of the variables. I was able to change only one and still I have no clue why this work for one and not for the rest.

I realize that the ZenOn Logic console is showing me a message telling that there are too many variables to simulate. Is it normal? What is supposed to be the limit? How can I choose the variables I want to simulate from ZenOn Logic?

Thanks in advance

Daniel

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails zeonLogic_TooMany.PNG   zeonLogic_TooMany2.PNG  

Default Re: Too many variables for Simulation with ZenOn Logic

Hello Daniel,

The error on your screenshot concerns the "Online Change".
    This is in the case you enabled it in the Project Settings > General > Online Change.
    Then, if for example you have 100 variables, you said that after an online change you can accept up to 120 variables, but you added 30 variables (so 130 in total).
    => An error like you have will be displayed ("OnLine change not possible...")

Concerning the problem of data exchange...
    Few things you can check:

1. Variables muct have the "SYB" checkbox checked (this should be ok from what I can see)
    2. Variables must have a Profile (right-click on the variables in the dictionnary > Properties > STRATON Profile)
    3. The "Logic to SCADA connection" must be present in the Fieldbus Configurations (the button is in the toolbar or right-click on the Project > Shortcuts)

I hope it helps,

Anthony

Default Re: Too many variables for Simulation with ZenOn Logic

Dear Anthony,

Thanks for taking your time to answer my doubt. I really appreciate that. 

I followed your piece of advice but I could not manage to work as I wanted. 

1. I selected all the desired variables with 'Syb' but no change was found. 
    2. With the STRATON profile I cannot see any variable (not even the ones I was able to see previously). I am using a S7PLC driver that I set into simulation programmed.
    3. Nothing appears in the Field bus connection. I will take a closer look to check if I missed something.

Thanks a lot. If you have any other point to stress I will really appreciate it.

Best, 

Daniel

Default Re: Too many variables for Simulation with ZenOn Logi

Hello Daniel,

You're welcome.

In fact my answer was not really precise...
    I was thinking about data exchange in general, but in fact for the "Simulation programmed" mode, there is no such changes to do (assigning a STRATON Profile and adding the "Logic to SCADA connection" driver). Everything should work without changes to do.

From your second screenshot in the first message, I can see red squares on your screen and, on the second line, on the left:
    "1.810  15 %rH"
    I just realized that this is the variable which is working.
    And what is not working are the other variables like "ActVal_dPressure-1.840", set to 20 but not reflected on your screen.

Well... This is weird.
    The red square indicates that there is a communication problem with the driver, but this should not be possible in simulation.

Are you sure the variables linked to your numeric values are the right ones?
    In the runtime, if you right-click on an element and hold the click, it shows the related variable (or you can check it directly on your screen in zenon)

Regards,
    Anthony