Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Delta ah500 plc driver

Frage Delta ah500 plc driver

I am using DELTA PLC and I chose standard modus RTU (open TCP) driver. when I create variables I cannot find data type (WORD/DWORD) under this driver.

please assist me on this one

Default AW: Delta ah500 plc driver

You must use UINT for WORD (UnsignedINTeger) and UDINT for DWORD (Unsigned DoubleINTeger)

Default Re: Delta ah500 plc driver

thanks I managed to ping my PLC using Modbus RTU and open Modbus TCP/IP driver. I am new in Zenon Editor, I am evaluating it as we are about to purchase the product.

now I want to read holding registers for example I want to read a WORD(UINT) D10008, MODBUS address(HEX-2718), MODBUS address (DEC-41009).

Thanks in Advance

Hi linged,

step 1: ensure that either a MODRTU32 driver or a MODBUS_ENERGY driver is correctly configured in the project and make note of the net address in the driver configuration
    (for the MODRTU32 driver, when using Modbus TCP, the net address in the driver configuration must match the unit identifier of the Modbus Slave)
    step 2: create a new variable for the chosen Modbus driver, choose UINT as the datatype and "register" or "holding register" for the driver object type
    step 3: in the properties of the variable set the net address value corresponding to the net address in the driver configuration
    step 4: in the properties of the variable set the offset value to 10008
    step 5: create a new screen and add a numerical value element and link the variable that you created
    step 6: start the runtime and observe the value / communication

If the value does not make sense, you may try 10009 for the offset at the variable. Some Modbus Slaves use offset 0 as the starting offset, other modbus slaves use offset 1. The information you provided could inidcate both. When you see a red square at the element and the value "0", there is an issue with the communication with the Modbus Slave

Best regards,
    Mark

thank you so much for your help.

"When you see a red square at the element and the value "0", there is an issue with the communication with the Modbus Slave" I also received this.

I am bit confused about net address as I was using PLC station address. I am using a RS485-Ethernet converter.

Hi linged,

When this is a serial to ethernet converter, with converters on the HMI side and on the Modbus Slave side, and this is transparent for an application using the serial port, you should use the Modbus Slave ID as the net address in the ModRTU32 driver.

When this is a converter that also changes from Modbus RTU to Modbus TCP and / or vice versa, this may be different.

Best regards,
    Mark