Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 13 of 13

Thread: how to convert the content of a variable in decimal into an hexadecimal value

Default Re: how to convert the content of a variable in decimal into an hexadecimal value

sample code to map a DINT variable value to single bits as 31 BOOL variables (in ST language):

varBOOL01 := varDINT.0; // lowest bit
    varBOOL02 := varDINT.1;
    varBOOL31 := varDINT.30; // last value bit; note: the next, highest bit - 31 - is the sign bit (negative/positive)

The bit 32 is omitted, the DINT can be evaluated like this only for positive values. To evaluate 32 bits i would propose the use of UDINT, not DINT.
    If you need to transfer the timestamps too, then you can use functions VSIGetDate and VSIGetTime (from varDINT) and then VSISetDate and VSISetTIme (to varBOOL); functions are are documented in Help.
    Last edited by ursulak : 15th March 2021 at 09:55 Reason: completed

Böse AW: Re: how to convert the content of a variable in decimal into an hexadecimal value

Quote Originally Posted by ursulak View Post
    @mst: please do not advise people to use a solution with simulator driver: it potentially results in licensing issues and it anyway not transfers the timestamp of variable value.  

Aha, and that's the reason you keep deleting my posts? I think my tip would be exactly what he is looking for.
    And what do you mean with "...it potentially results in licensing issues..." ?
    The driver is still available. Even the Copa-Data project wizard still creates this driver.

You keep telling him to use logic although he explicit asks for a different solution ("Is there a way to do it without Logic?")

Default Re: how to convert the content of a variable in decimal into an hexadecimal value

the simulator driver is and will be there, don't worry.

the only solution i can recommend are:
    - program PLC to deliver single bits, not an DINT. Yes, i know that this means consumption of more variables (licensed tags) in zenon, but this makes the project simpler and easier to maintenance. 
    - code in API; potential risk by mistakes in programming: API can block zenon Runtime.
    - code in zenon Logic.

My experience shows that if someone says "not in Logic" then only because the person does not know the Logic yet. Thus, my answer is to deliver more info how the user can solve it in Logic, till the user understand that it is not soooooo complicated :-)