Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: problem s7tcp32 driver problem when adding new variables

Default problem s7tcp32 driver problem when adding new variables

hello,
    I have added new variables to existing project of s7tcp communication driver. (zenon ver 6.51)
    I have added a new DB to the plc, and new variables are directed to this new DB.
    When I load to the screens a small red rectangle appears like there is no communication. The other variables of the same driver to the same plc work ok!
    I have opened the Diagnosis Viewer to see the log and when I modified the project, it started to log errors with text "Error Init HW=0" (three) and "Error S7LeseDaten Init HW=0" (one) every second.
    Also, the first message in the log when I downloaded modification is "Value image not aligned! Start without aligned values. Timeout is 30000ms." this error message appeared only one time.

Do you have any suggested workaround??

kind regards,
    martin.
    Last edited by martinrelayer : 10th May 2018 at 14:19

Default Re: problem s7tcp32 driver problem when adding new variables

The red 'no communication' indicator could be also because of mistake in variable addressing. Are you sure the new variables have correct 'Net Address' setting?

This system has 6 projects... I downloaded one first and then exported data to the other projects, and the same happened the first time I downloaded.
    The issue solved at that time because we had to restart the server because of other works.
    after that I exported data to the other projects and downloaded, that worked well with no issues.
    Now some days after I exported again for 2 missing projects in a similar way then downloaded "normally" but the same issue appeared again. The difference is that I can't restart servers now because machine is working.

kind regards,
    martin.

Do i understand correctly that after project reload the driver does not communicate on new variables, in new Data block; only after restart of the zenon Runtime? Hmm, 6.51 is old. You may try if driver command stop/start (via zenon functions) would help. So add these functions (and buttons) via reload and then try. Or first try on your Editor's PC (if it has connection to a PLC).  

last time the same happened and I tried with zenon commands (in a function attached to buttons) that didn't work, the way it solved was restarting the whole computer.
    I see that in the diagnostics the PID of the driver, what happens if I kill it from task manager? or stopping driver function shuts down the corresponding PID? Is there a way or command to "inspect" or "refresh" tag list to driver?
    kind regards,
    martin

as an update, today I restarted the Zenon runtime in the server and the communication problem persists.