Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error

Default Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error

I have installed a runtime version of Zenon onto a windows Xp Sp3 laptop, the zenon version is 6.22 SP1.

when I start the machine I recieve the error message shown in the attachment

This is the first time I have seen this error as I have installed the runtime on other computers and this has not occurred.

Additionally there is a third party application installed on the laptop which is called on startup of windows which I assume to be conflicting with the zenon application

the zenon application is not called at startup. I was hoping that there would be some way of preventing the zenSysSrv.exe from being called until the other application has fully loaded.

thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails error.bmp  

Default Re: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error

the zensyssrv.exe is started by any zenon component that uses the central logging server. In the case you have installed the zenon editor, the "zendbsrv.exe" is started through "autorun" in the registry. At startup of the zendbsrv.exe, the process zensyssrv.exe is called, when it is not yet running.

What you can do, is disable the zendbsrv.exe to start with the system, to see if this resolves your issue.

When you start the zenon editor, the zendbsrv.exe and the zensyssrv.exe will start as well.

The zendbsrv.exe is started with the system by default, for use in distributed engineering. (no need to start the zenon editor in order to be able to access any server database on this PC from any other PC in distributed engineering). If you do not use distributed engineering, the autostart of the zendbsrv.exe can be disabled in your case.

Please let us know, if this resolves your issue!

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunatly I only have a runtime installed on the laptop and not the zenon editor.

so I wasn't able to try your solution.

Additionally If I attempted to run the zenrt32.exe on startup it caused an unhandled exception to occur causing the zenon to become inoperable.

I have attached an image of the unhandled exception message and a copy of the error log incase it helps debugging the problem.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails unhandled exception.bmp  
    Attached Files Attached Files

with the runtime installation, you can disable the autostart of "zensyssrv.exe".

However I'm not sure if this really is the solution to your problem.

Things to check / try out:

- close all applications (or start windows in safe mode) and execute "vcredist_x86.exe" from the folder "Additional_Software\Visual C++ Redistributables" of your zenon DVD.

- update anti-virus signatures and scan the PC, or boot from a anti-virus rescue CD and scan the system for viruses.

- temporarily disable antivirus software to see if this is causing the problem.

- gradually close / kill any running 3rd party applications to try and find a possible incompatibility with other software.

- download the testconnection tool from this location and run the program.

- obtain a link for zenon 6.22 SP1 build 6 from your local support. zenon 6.22 SP1 build 6 is built with an updated version of vcredist (visual C++ redistributables). The build setup installs the newever version vcredist (which is normally also installed with Windows Update automatically). Please note, this newer version of vcredist, or zenon 6.22 SP1 build 6, is not known to explicitely solve the issue you are facing.

Quote Originally Posted by douglasm View Post
    I have installed a runtime version of Zenon onto a windows Xp Sp3 laptop, the zenon version is 6.22 SP1.

when I start the machine I recieve the error message shown in the attachment

This is the first time I have seen this error as I have installed the runtime on other computers and this has not occurred.

Additionally there is a third party application installed on the laptop which is called on startup of windows which I assume to be conflicting with the zenon application

the zenon application is not called at startup. I was hoping that there would be some way of preventing the zenSysSrv.exe from being called until the other application has fully loaded.

thanks

Compatibility mode is a useful feature that allows you to run old applications on your PC. However, this feature can sometimes cause Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error to appear. To fix the problem, you need to disable Compatibility mode
    check for other methods here:
    https://www.errorsolutions.tech/error/microsoft-visual-c-runtime-library-error/