Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Online variables display

Cool Online variables display

Hello,

Is there any option in Zenon Editor (Supervisor 7.60 or older) to watch online the values of the variables read from the driver?

Cheers,
    Razvan

Default Re: Online variables display

Hello Razvan,

In the editor you don't have "live" values from the PLCs / IEDs. For some communication drivers, when you do an online import of the variables from the PLC, you may also see the value, but this is not generally the case. You need the runtime for live values.

It is easy enough to create a screen of the type "variable diagnosis", create a screen switch function to configure the variables you want to see and start the runtime on the same system as the zenon editor, to see the live values. Provided of course that the system with the zenon editor can communicate with the PLCs / IEDs.

Best regards,
    Mark

Default Re: Online variables display

Quote Originally Posted by markclemens View Post
    Hello Razvan,

In the editor you don't have "live" values from the PLCs / IEDs. For some communication drivers, when you do an online import of the variables from the PLC, you may also see the value, but this is not generally the case. You need the runtime for live values.

It is easy enough to create a screen of the type "variable diagnosis", create a screen switch function to configure the variables you want to see and start the runtime on the same system as the zenon editor, to see the live values. Provided of course that the system with the zenon editor can communicate with the PLCs / IEDs.

Best regards,
    Mark

Thank you for your help, Mark!

I hope in the near future there will be an option for this in the editor, similar to other SCADA platforms (I believe there is no need to mention them). It would be very useful, at least for me and my colleagues.