Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Error - The parameter is incorrect

Frage Error - The parameter is incorrect

Hello Team,

I am facing a problem in zenon logic. Whenever i am going to project setting am getting a error popup that is "The Parameter is incorrect". Screenshot has been attached. kindly suggest.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails zenon logic.JPG  

Best Answer

Default Re: Error - The parameter is incorrect

! IMPORTANT !
    The steps I will describe implies to modify project files manually.
    If you are not 100% sure about what is contained in the project files, do not modify or remove it!
    Before doing any modifications it is recommended to do a project backup or at least a backup of the related files.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

It seems that when you try to open the Project Settings, zenon Logic cannot find the appropriate settings page.
    Does it happen everytime you try to open the Project Settings? Then you cannot access to it even after clicking on "Ok" ?

By the way if you try to do it while the application is in RUN mode, then the settings are in read-only.

What you can try is to edit the '__K5DB.INI' file in your project:
     1. Click on your project on the left of zenon Logic
     2. Press  CTRL+ALT+E  in order to open the folder where the project is
     3. Edit the '__K5DB.INI' file
        -> There should be a '[DBOPTPW]' entry
        -> Remove this entry*

The cause could be that in an older version of the project, other Settings were available...
    Also check that this file is not write protected otherwise zenon Logic will try to access to this unknown page everytime and will not save the new/valid one.

I hope it helps,
    Best regards,
    Anthony

*The PAGE=x entry Under the [DBOPTPW] section is the tab number in the project settings, so for example if you have 6 pages and PAGE=7, it will fail to access to it

Daumen hoch Re: Error - The parameter is incorrect

Quote Originally Posted by anthony.burille View Post
    ! IMPORTANT !
    The steps I will describe implies to modify project files manually.
    If you are not 100% sure about what is contained in the project files, do not modify or remove it!
    Before doing any modifications it is recommended to do a project backup or at least a backup of the related files.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

It seems that when you try to open the Project Settings, zenon Logic cannot find the appropriate settings page.
    Does it happen everytime you try to open the Project Settings? Then you cannot access to it even after clicking on "Ok" ?

By the way if you try to do it while the application is in RUN mode, then the settings are in read-only.

What you can try is to edit the '__K5DB.INI' file in your project:
     1. Click on your project on the left of zenon Logic
     2. Press  CTRL+ALT+E  in order to open the folder where the project is
     3. Edit the '__K5DB.INI' file
        -> There should be a '[DBOPTPW]' entry
        -> Remove this entry*

The cause could be that in an older version of the project, other Settings were available...
    Also check that this file is not write protected otherwise zenon Logic will try to access to this unknown page everytime and will not save the new/valid one.

I hope it helps,
    Best regards,
    Anthony

*The PAGE=x entry Under the [DBOPTPW] section is the tab number in the project settings, so for example if you have 6 pages and PAGE=7, it will fail to access to it

Thank you. It worked