Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Multiple Monitors

Reden Multiple Monitors

Hi,

I am quoting for an aplication where 6 monitors will be used. I need to be able to load the same picture at different times on to different monitor screens depending on the results of a database query.

I have looked at the picture switch with index function and the picture switch function.

Is there a way of doing this in VBA?

Default Re: Multiple Monitors

I'll try to answer your question by cutting down the one question into multiple points and answer each one of them.

- can zenon work on 6 monitors?
    yes, using the monitor administration, physical and virtual monitors can be configured.

- is it possible to display the same picture on two or more different monitors?
    yes, at the picture switch function, the virtual monitor can be selected, on which the picture should be opened. In this case, one picture can be displayed on all 6 monitors.

- can the monitor be defined dynamically?
    yes, by modifying the function through VBA the monitor can be changed prior to executing the function. Alternatively 6 functions for 1 picture for each monitor could be created.

- is it possible to read data out of an SQL database?
    yes, this can be done in multiple ways. One way would be to use the zenon SQL driver. Another way would be to use the report generator. Also through VBA, or even easier through VSTA in C#.NET or VB.NET, this is possible

- is it possible to show the one picture with different information on 6 different monitors?
    yes, this could be done by substituting variables in the picture using indirect picture addressing. Also when substituting, the virtual monitor can be selected.

Thanks Mark,

I will try out modifying the function before execution as the screen to display the picture on will be loaded from the database.

Would I then execute the function from VBA as well?

Is there any example code available for modification / execution of functions using VBA?

Reden Re: Multiple Monitors

Mark,

Also you mention VSTA as an option, I have changed my zenon6.ini file to enable this, but when I try and open the VSTA editor within zenon nothing happens, this is the same for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by allmendinger View Post
    Thanks Mark,

I will try out modifying the function before execution as the screen to display the picture on will be loaded from the database.

Would I then execute the function from VBA as well?

Is there any example code available for modification / execution of functions using VBA?
    yes, after you have modified the function in VBA, you should execute this function with ".Start". These changes via VBA to the function are only temporary and therefore the modified function needs to be started through VBA as well.

If you search the forum for "rtfunction" you will find several threads in the VBA forum with examples where functions are modified and then executed.

Quote Originally Posted by allmendinger View Post
    Mark,

Also you mention VSTA as an option, I have changed my zenon6.ini file to enable this, but when I try and open the VSTA editor within zenon nothing happens, this is the same for the help.
    For VSTA you would still need to wait a little bit. VSTA for zenon will be widely available from zenon 6.50 on.

6.50 with many other new features is scheduled to be released in the next few months.

Daumen hoch Re: Multiple Monitors

Thanks Mark.