Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: About Runtime License

Default About Runtime License

Dear friends,

If I have a Zenon Energy Server License installed in a computer and I connect a monitor to it, i can see the HMI (in local mode), because server license already includes runtime license inside. That is right? or we need to buy also a Client License? (I think I only need a Client License if i see the HMI from a workstation connected to one or two servers in the network).

Thanks in advance for your support.

Regards,
    Jose Luis Torres

Default Re: About Runtime License

On zenon Network Server (and Standby) you has access to all functionality of your projects.
    Anyway, for performance and security reasons, i would rather propose to keep Server machines out of direct access of operators; so to add Network Clients on additional workstations.

Thank you for your quickly response.

So if I buy a server license and also a client lincese, I can use the HMI (runtime) locally (with a monitor, keyboard and mouse connected directly to the server computer) and remotely from a workstation in the network at the same time (two HMIs, obviously local monitor will be use only in exception cases)?.

Also, for editing its not enough server or client license, I need an Editor License, right?. 

Quote Originally Posted by ursulak View Post
    On zenon Network Server (and Standby) you has access to all functionality of your projects.
    Anyway, for performance and security reasons, i would rather propose to keep Server machines out of direct access of operators; so to add Network Clients on additional workstations.
    Thank you for your quickly response.

So if I buy a server license and also a client lincese, I can use the HMI (runtime) locally (with a monitor, keyboard and mouse connected directly to the server computer) and remotely from a workstation in the network at the same time (two HMIs, obviously local monitor will be use only in exception cases)?.

Also, for editing its not enough server or client license, I need an Editor License, right?.