Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: What do you think about the forums? Feedback thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Idee What do you think about the forums? Feedback thread

As the number of people who are using the forums is steadily growing, and the number of posts increases every day, it may be a good time to start a feedback thread for you users, to tell us what you think and what we may improve in the forums.

We had a poll when we started with the forums, where it showed that some people only read the forum but do not post threads themselves. Other people would post their questions, but not participate in other threads. There were also people who would post their questions, but also participate in threads from other users.

What would you like to see improved in the forums? Is there something which you know from other forums that you miss here? What about the number of replies, or the quality of the information in the replies, or the time it takes until a reply is posted? What do you think about the languages used in this forum (German and English)? Do you think the forums need a "beginners" forum? Would you like a forum where you can introduce yourself? Do you think the forums are "just an alternative way" of contacting technical support? If yes, why do you, or do you not prefer to post in the forums? Would you like to see weekly threads, e.g. a friday update? If yes, what should these threads contain? If you have stopped posting in the forums, what was the reason? If you have not posted in the forum until now, what is the reason?

I know that these are many questions Of course you do not need to answer (all) the questions to provide your opinion.

If you are just happy with the way this forum works, please let us know as well!

I'm looking forward to some replies with feedback and suggestions

christopherpara Gast

Default Re: What do you think about the forums? Feedback thread

In some forums exist a kind of counting points for users. If you help someone then someone will buy you a beer, of course virtual one. In that matter we could recognize if someone is activly helping people or not.

In this forum, you can rate threads. From excellent to terrible. It is a way of signifying how helpful the thread is for the original poster or other users.

I just rated this thread as "excellent". The sum of the votes rates the overall thread.

Of course, it is not a virtual beer

shahramkh59 Gast

hi dear clement.
    I very much use your support and i wish and One day like you help to member of site.
    best regard

shahramkh59 Gast

hi clemens
    why doesn't way to edit my threat after submit?
    this is routine and possible in so many forums please add this feature to site.
    good luck.

it is possible to edit the post for 15 minutes after posting, e.g. to correct a spelling mistake.

The forum is moderated, which means that for each new post in the forum a moderator is informed by e-mail. The moderator's task is to check the post if it violates the terms of use for this forum. The post itself is visible immediately.

We do not allow editing older or archived posts for moderation reasons.

daywalker1180 Gast

: Forum ist prinzipiell super, viele nützliche Infos zu finden!

: Nicht wirklich ein Kritikpunkt am Forum, aber es wäre schön wenn man sich Service-Packs und ältere zenOn-Versionen im Members-Bereich (auf der Copa-Data Webseite) herunterladen könnte. Da gibts momentan nur Dokus.

BG
    Martin K.

Hello,

I would like to have a "like" button for the posts. If i like the answer or find it useful then should be able to "like" it. Or it can be just a "tick".

Btw thank you guys for always giving quick and good answers!

Regards,
    Koray

Hi Koray,

Thank you for the feedback

I like your idea of being able to "tick" a certain post. I think this should be considered for the next forum update. In the Microsoft forums for example, posts can be marked as an answer.

Currently it is possible to rate a thread, have you seen that option?

Best regards,
    Mark

Default AW: Re: What do you think about the forums? Feedback thread

Hi Mark,

where and/or how do I rate a thread? Maybe I'm blind, but I don't see any button or something to do that. Or at least, not to rate a special answer in a thread. I can rate only the complete thread. And that seems strange to me...

Best regards,
    Michael
    Last edited by michab : 22nd October 2013 at 13:54
    zenOn Supervisor 7.60 + webserver pro

Windows Server 2008 R2 / Windows 7 Enterprise

ModbusTCP / LON / OPC / SQL / B&R