Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Showing results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: What do you think about the forums? Feedback thread

Default AW: Re: What do you think about the forums? Feedback thread

Hi Mark,

where and/or how do I rate a thread? Maybe I'm blind, but I don't see any button or something to do that. Or at least, not to rate a special answer in a thread. I can rate only the complete thread. And that seems strange to me...

Best regards,
    Michael
    Last edited by michab : 22nd October 2013 at 13:54
    zenOn Supervisor 7.60 + webserver pro

Windows Server 2008 R2 / Windows 7 Enterprise

ModbusTCP / LON / OPC / SQL / B&R

josefm Gast

Default Re: AW: Re: What do you think about the forums? Feedback thread

Hi Michael,

have a look on the top of the first post. There is the possibility to rate the whole thread. Just klick on it and a dropdown opens where you have radio Buttons to select how many stars you give the thread and then send it with the "vote now" button.

As the replies before are saying, it is not possible yet to rate a single post in a thread.

Best regards
    Last edited by josefm : 22nd October 2013 at 15:59 Reason: Additional information added.

miketyso198 Gast

Default Re: What do you think about the forums? Feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by markclemens View Post
    As the number of people who are using the forums is steadily growing, and the number of posts increases every day, it may be a good time to start a feedback thread for you users, to tell us what you think and what we may improve in the forums.

We had a poll when we started with the forums, where it showed that some people only read the forum but do not post threads themselves. Other people would post their questions, but not participate in other threads. There were also people who would post their questions, but also participate in threads from other users.

What would you like to see improved in the forums? Is there something which you know from other forums that you miss here? What about the number of replies, or the quality of the information in the replies, or the time it takes until a reply is posted? What do you think about the languages used in this forum (German and English)? Do you think the forums need a "beginners" forum? Would you like a forum where you can introduce yourself? Do you think the forums are "just an alternative way" of contacting technical support? If yes, why do you, or do you not prefer to post in the forums? Would you like to see weekly threads, e.g. a friday update? If yes, what should these threads contain? If you have stopped posting in the forums, what was the reason? If you have not posted in the forum until now, what is the reason?

I know that these are many questions Of course you do not need to answer (all) the questions to provide your opinion.

If you are just happy with the way this forum works, please let us know as well!

I'm looking forward to some replies with feedback and suggestions
    yea its true nice post thanks for share your conversation

Hi
    An issue that I found a bit annoying is the search function to find posts.
    If you type multiple search words the relation seems to be OR. It would be nice to search with AND.

for example. fist search for button gives 383 post, then if you want to narrow the search to button and interlocking it gives 412 post.

best regard

Clearly there must be a beginner's forum. The help material and other documentation available in the website are not enough for even a seasoned SCADA developer like me to get started.

For example, unlike the more popular SCADA packages such as WW-InTouch, Citect, or Cimplicity there is no straighforward or easy to use method for writing scripts that run in the background.. Again this issue is crucial since the PCE is being withdrawn and replaced by Zenon logic..which is a IEC editor for programming the controllers.

So for scripting simple functions we have to resort to VBA. I wish there is enough introductory material that gets one started.

Perhaps all this is not as difficult as I imagine, but even for me with 15+ years of scada experience I find Zenon extremely klunky, unfriendly to use. More so because the developer license is very costly and we get only 15 minutes to try out each attempt. So in the absence of sufficient documentation or examples the learning curve takes too much time.

I am unable to find where somebody can create a new thread Search bar is not useful nothing i can see in Quick Links.
    At least put some video tutorial for getting started with Zenon its hard to find any help for beginner.
    Last edited by umer123 : 10th January 2016 at 02:39

Search Button!

Hello guys,

I am Toni. It is the first time I use the forum. I am not a big fan of them actually, so I won't give an interesting feedback. I will mention is that I see this like a potent tool for support. Also I appreciate that most of the threads and messages are in English.