Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Straton runtime not starting.

Frage Straton runtime not starting.

Straton is showing an error 'embedded software missing function: ICOPY'. Please help me with this, as it is causing a big issue now

Best Answer

Default Re: Straton runtime not starting.

Hello,

If the error happens after the compilation, this means that the 'ICOPY' block is well implemented on the straton Editor side, but not on your target (straton Runtime).
    This block does not exist in straton.
    I think that what happens is that a 'C' block was created and implemented in the straton Editor by a third person (or by you?)
    After that, this external 'C' block is available in the straton Editor and can be used in programs.
    When developing and testing in simulation, everything works.
    But if you try to download the application on the straton Runtime, and if this 'C' block has not been implemented in the runtime, this error will be shown.

There are several solutions, depending on what you want to do...
    The first one, if you only want to do some tests and if this block is not really useful, you can comment the part of the code using it and remove the block's instance declaration in the dictionary.
    Another one is to implement the block on your runtime, this is more complicated because it requires the straton development kit etc. and very technical operations.
    One of the other solution is to ask to the person who provided you this program (if this is the case) to also provide you the runtime impelmenting this 'ICOPY' block.

I hope this helps,

Anthony

Reden Re: Straton runtime not starting.

Thank You for the solution

Hi I have the same issue.
    I want to use the solution in option 1
    I have already removed the code that includes the ICOPY instruction but I do not know how to remove the block's instance declaration in the dictionary.
    Can someone help with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Apstar View Post
    Hi I have the same issue.
    I want to use the solution in option 1
    I have already removed the code that includes the ICOPY instruction but I do not know how to remove the block's instance declaration in the dictionary.
    Can someone help with this?

Hello,

In order to remove the instance declaration in the dictionnary, you just have to select it then press the 'Suppr' ('Delete') key, or to right-click on it > 'Clear'
    If the problem is also for the ICOPY block, then the type of the instance is "ICOPY". In order to find it if there are a lot of variables, you can open the Variables (this is the house-logo in the toolbar) and sort variables by type, or to press CTRL+F and try to find "ICOPY"

Have a nice day,
    Anthony