Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: IEC61850 Driver - Report control blocks - Communication Problem

Unglücklich IEC61850 Driver - Report control blocks - Communication Problem

Hello everybody,
    I'm working on Zenon Operator 7.50. I have read IEC850 Zenon Driver Manual.

I need to connect to a device via IEC61850 protocol.

I detected 2 different working case:

CASE 1: if my device doesn't include REPORT CONTROL BLOCKS -> ZENON reads variables from device OK (Variable ConnectionState = 65538 -> TCP Connection and MMS are ok)

CASE 2: if my device include
    REPORT CONTROL BLOCKS -> ZENON doesn't show any variables value (Variable ConnectionState = 2 only TCP Connection is OK)

My problem is: new configuration of my device include REPORT CONTROL BLOCK automatically, therefore zenon is not able to read desired variables from the device.

What can I set in IEC61850 Configuration Driver to enable the communication? I tried to set 0 Max auto used URCBs field but communication still not working.

Any idea?

Thank you,
    Andrea

Click image for larger version

Name:	DriverServer_config.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	2164

Default Re: IEC61850 Driver - Report control blocks - Communication Problem

If the Variable ConnectionState = 2 then the problem is not because of enabling RCBs.  The driver enables RCBs only after the MMS association is completed too, not only the TCP.

Please check in LOG (DiagViewer) or in Wireshark sniffs what goes wrong during the association with this device.  

If the TCP connection works but MMS does not, then typically the reason is a mismatch in OSI Layer settings; maybe this device is configured to expect non-default 'AP titles' a/o 'AE qualifiers'. If you have the SCL file of the device (ICD, CID etc.) then take a look at: Communication - SubNetwork - ConnectedAP - Address.

In zenon Energy Edition, the 'IEC850 Configuration' Wizard can import (so also recalculate from SCL syntax to OSI syntax) relevant OSI settings from SCL-file into driver configuration 'Application Layer (ACSE)' section.

Hello Ursula,
    I'll check it... but I don't understand why if in my device RCB are enabled communication doesn't work... same device, RCB disabled, communication works
    (about zenon LOG and wireshark ... I think everythings is ok... I have also MMS comunication from ZENON to the device with RCB enable)

Thank you,
    Andrea
    Last edited by andrea.ornago : 29th September 2017 at 14:04

If I compare IED descriptor with REPORT ENABLE(that doesn't communicated with zenon) and REPORT DISABLED(comm OK) I found this part in REPORT ENABLE descriptor that I don't have in DISABLE one:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IED_Report.JPG  

Quote Originally Posted by andrea.ornago View Post
    I don't understand why if in my device RCB are enabled communication doesn't work... same device, RCB disabled, communication works
    I don't understand either  
    I can only assure you that the RCB enabling has nothing to do with establishing of MMS. The RCB enabling is proceeded only if, and after, MMS is successfully established and ReportControl sectios have no impact on MMS association (communication initialization). These sections ReportControl are not relevant during MMS association. And your ReportControls look OK as long these DatSets exist too. 

Thus, as you don't have working MMS, then these 2 SCL files for sure differ also in another sections or have some kind of mistake making the IED malfunctioning.

Are ReportControl placed in the correct Logical Device and Logical Node? Do Data Sets exist in the same LD/LN as ReportControl and have names listed in ReportControl.DatSet? 

Quote Originally Posted by andrea.ornago View Post
    (about zenon LOG and wireshark ... I think everythings is ok...
    If you have only TCP, no MMS, then it is fore sure not OK. In Wireshark - what is the last response from IED to iec850 driver?

Hello Ursula,
    in my device I have 5 URCB (I have a test program (by vendor) for testing the connection and in this program connection is estabished correctly and 5 URCB can be activated).

If in IED descriptor there is only one of the 5 reports, connection in Zenon is working fine (TCP and MMS OK).
    If in IED descriptor there is more than 1 report, connection in zenon doesn't work (only TCP is OK).

I set URCB fields, in IEC61850 driver's configuration according IED descriptor (the connection with IED with 1 URCB is working also with different settings).

Any idea?

thank you,
    Andrea

Name:	5_report.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	225.6 KB
ID:	2166

Name:	IED_Report_params.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	2167

Andrea: if you have TCP but not MMS then screenshots from SCL-file or from driver configuration about RCB could not deliver hints about possible solution. Please send to your local COPA-DATA Support the SCL file and Wireshark sniffs.

My only idea is that this device, as soon as is configured to contain 5 URCBs, does not work anymore according the guidelines of IEC61850 Standard, only according some internal solution working by this particular vendor. I hope that i'm wrong.

Hello,
    maybe it can be a synchronization problem... My device supports SNTP synchronization.
    It is possible to synchronize also Zenon via SNTP?

Thank you,
    Andrea

Missing time synchronization cannot have any impact on TCP nor MMS communication; neither on enabling of RCBs.