Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: How PLC Input and Output variables will be shared between Zenon RT and VSTA while macro is executing?

Ausrufezeichen How PLC Input and Output variables will be shared between Zenon RT and VSTA while macro is executing?

Hello,

Please clarify me about how PLC Input variables will be updated between PLC --> Zenon RT --> VSTA and for output VSTA --> Zenon RT --> PLC while macro is executing?

For example, i am triggering VSTA macro in RT using reaction matrix and it is started executing. I want to use particular input from PLC in that condition and it is triggered while macro is executing. Macro will take the updated value in that condition or it will carry the status of the variable while macro is called.

Whether input and output variable values will be updated dynamically in VSTA while macro is executing or it will update the values when macro execution is completed.

Regards,

Dhanapal

Default Re: How PLC Input and Output variables will be shared between Zenon RT and VSTA while macro is executing?

Hello,

Quote Originally Posted by Dhanapal View Post
    For example, i am triggering VSTA macro in RT using reaction matrix and it is started executing. I want to use particular input from PLC in that condition and it is triggered while macro is executing. Macro will take the updated value in that condition or it will carry the status of the variable while macro is called.

Macro will take the updated value.

When you get the value from the variable, the latest value from the driver is taken. Please remark that the value can not get updated faster than the read time from your driver is.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhanapal View Post
    Whether input and output variable values will be updated dynamically in VSTA while macro is executing or it will update the values when macro execution is completed.

Input and output variable values will be updated dynamically in VSTA while macro is executing.
    The values are updated, when you write a value to the variable. 

Regards,

c.f.