Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: ConnectionState

Default ConnectionState

Hello,

I try to visualize the state of the 61850 connection by means of a dynamic text symbol.
    The text symbol is set to present the limit text of the value of the connectionstate variable.

The connectionstate variable has the rema "IEC 61850 Connection State".

The problem is that the rema does not work online. (not in CEL/ALM display and not on dynamic text element.

If I check the value in the statusdisplay then I can see the actual value changing accoording to the Rema (TCP-Connected en MMS accociated etc)

Can someone help me

Thanks in advance

Default Re: ConnectionState

Hallo Joulzer,

Have you checked if in the REMA you have enabled th echeckboxes for showing the Messages in CEL/AML?

Br

Hi,

The rema is correct. Cel/ALM is activated.

Hallo Joulzer,

Then I would suggest you to contact your local Support representatives.
    They could have a look in your project's configuration and do a deeper Investigation.

Br

For some reason it starts to work for one bay. Then I copied the indication (dyn text) to another bay but it does not work. Is there a way to trigger it ?
    It looks like the procedure is ok

>I copied the indication (dyn text) to another bay but it does not work. Is there a way to trigger it ?

hmm, what have you copied? The screen element 'Dynamic Text'? Have you then linked the copied element with another ConnectionState variable? Does this screen element is configured to display the limit text (so, not the value of variable)?
    The only "trigger" for dynamic screen element is the value change of the linked variable.

Check by all ConnectionState variables:
    - if they have correct 'Net Address' (= 'Net Address' of the 'Connection' in driver configuration)
    - if they have 'driver object type' = "Connection state"
    - if they are linked with the (same) Reaction matrix and the ReMa writes to CEL or AML
    - if they have correct 'Symbolic Address', e.g. "X!ConnectionState" (assuming your iec850 drivers are set to use 'Symbolic Address'). The Symbolic address can be identical for all these variables; the linked driver and/or Net Address must be different (and the Name of variables cannot be the same).

Maybe after some power loss your Runtime data on HDD is corrupt and this results in strange effects. You may recreate the Runtime directory: close the Runtime, rename RT directory and compile project and start the RT again.
    Hint: in zenon Editor you may open Explorer on RT directory by click on project name and press Ctrl-Alt-R.
    Last edited by ursulak : 25th September 2017 at 10:49 Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by ursulak View Post
    >I copied the indication (dyn text) to another bay but it does not work. Is there a way to trigger it ?

hmm, what have you copied? The screen element 'Dynamic Text'? Have you then linked the copied element with another ConnectionState variable? Does this screen element is configured to display the limit text (so, not the value of variable)?

The only "trigger" for dynamic screen element is the value change of the linked variable.

Check by all ConnectionState variables:

- if they have correct 'Net Address' (= 'Net Address' of the 'Connection' in driver configuration)

- if they have 'driver object type' = "Connection state"

- if they are linked with the (same) Reaction matrix and the ReMa writes to CEL or AML

- if they have correct 'Symbolic Address', e.g. "X!ConnectionState" (assuming your iec850 drivers are set to use 'Symbolic Address'). The Symbolic address can be identical for all these variables; the linked driver and/or Net Address must be different (and the Name of variables cannot be the same).

Maybe after some power loss your Runtime data on HDD is corrupt and this results in strange effects. You may recreate the Runtime directory: close the Runtime, rename RT directory and compile project and start the RT again.

Hint: in zenon Editor you may open Explorer on RT directory by click on project name and press Ctrl-Alt-R.
    The state variables were created with the wizard so that should be correct but I will check the netadress . I will try to recreate the RT because all thinks that you have mentioned are correct configured.

I found the problem!

I deleted all ConnectionState variables that were created with the variable wizard.
    Then I create the same variables manualy .

Viola!! that works.

@Joulzer: please let me know the version and build of your zenon installation. I would like to try reproduce the issue.
    Have you also created iec850 instances and/or connections via Wizard or only RCB configurations and the variables?

@Ursulak,

The version was 7.50 built 31997. And only the connectionState variabels were built with the wizzard

Thanks for investigation