Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Report-Visual Studio

Default Report-Visual Studio

Iím new in Zenon and Iím using the Report Viewer (Repor-Visual Studio) tool in Zenon Supervisor.
    I have a dataset with some variables and Iím trying to make a chart.
    Iím writing in the expression the code to visualize the value, but it only shows the first variable in the dataset and it seems that I canít choose within my variables.
    I found functions ďFirstĒ and ďLastĒ that helped me choosing 2 of my variables in that dataset, Iím trying to figure out how to choose a variable that I desire from my dataset and not only the first or the last.
    I also found the function ďChooseĒ and it works for the first, writing Choose(1,Fields!VALUE.Value) it shows me the value of the first variable but it doesnít work with 2 or 3 for the second and the third.
    How can the system detect the first or the last of the variables? Are there any indexes to enter the ďarrayĒ of variables? And what is the code to enter a cell of that array? Fields!VALUE.value(0) or something similar doesnít work.
    Iím looking for the way to select and show in the chart one of the n variables from a dataset, now I have n dataset for n variables because of this problem and it isnít a good configuration.
    Thankís for your help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot_2.png   Screenshot_4.png  

2. #
    Best Answer

Default Re: AW: Report-Visual Studio

Another option is to change your expression to "[VARIABLE]" (the field which contains the variable name), the datatype to "TEXT" and the value to your variable name.
    If you want to filter on text with wildcards, then you can use the operator "LIKE"...

Please also take a look here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql...ilder-and-ssrs

Hint: When googeling for a solution add "SSRS" (short for SqlServerReportingServices" to your search words. There is a lot of information how to set up reports on MSDN.

Regards,
    Felix

Default Re: Report-Visual Studio

Hello,
    first of all, you should install the Report Builder 2 from Microsoft. It is very comfortable to define your Report Files with this program.

After you have installed the Report builder, please create a new Report file and choose your datasets. In your case i think you should choose Online values. After that, you will be ask if you want to use the Report builder to define the file.

Try the rest by youself for the moment. I thnk it is simple to use, but if you have still Problems please write again or check the Help file.

Greetings
    Florian L.

Hello,

first of all add [VARIABLES] to the series group field of your chart and remove your expression.
    By adding [TIMESTAMP] to the category group you define that the [TIMESTAMP] field is used for the x-axis.
    Then you need to tell the chart what filed identifies data that belongs togehter. By specifing [VARIABLE] (which contains the variable name), as data series group you tell the chart that all datarows that contain the same variable name belong together to one series and therefore shall be "drawn as one line".

With that you have a chart showing one curve per variable that is contained in the datastream.

If you do not want to display all it is possible to add filters which are applied on the dataset in the properties (section "Filters") of the chart.

Regards from Salzburg,
    Felix

Thank you felixst for your answer.
    I understood what you explained to me. 
    Now I have the chart showing a line for each variable as I wanted.
    How can I set a filter in which I choose the variable that I desire? I tried a strcmp with the name but it doesn't work, it gives me an error and it shows nothing, maybe i'm failing with the code..
    Anyway, I wish to set up a filter in which I choose my variables by their names, how can I do it?
    I'll post you the filter and the expression that I tried.
    Thank you for your time again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot_9.png  

Default AW: Report-Visual Studio

Maybe it works when you use Fields!VARIABLE.NAME instead of .VALUE in your expression...

Best Answer

Default Re: AW: Report-Visual Studio

Another option is to change your expression to "[VARIABLE]" (the field which contains the variable name), the datatype to "TEXT" and the value to your variable name.
    If you want to filter on text with wildcards, then you can use the operator "LIKE"...

Please also take a look here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql...ilder-and-ssrs

Hint: When googeling for a solution add "SSRS" (short for SqlServerReportingServices" to your search words. There is a lot of information how to set up reports on MSDN.

Regards,
    Felix