Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Web Server Pro Light - how to start, which browser I can use

Default Web Server Pro Light - how to start, which browser I can use

Dear All,

I am using zenon v7.50 under Windows 8.1 Professional. I am useing zenon Supervisor and Web Server Pro Light on the same PC
    I just install Web Server Pro Light. I opened the Web Server Pro Light dialog from Control Panel. The license was entered and Web Server Pro Light is stated in normal mode.
    Next I did exactly what configuration is required:
    - In project, Network, Networ Active was activated and Server 1 name was enered;
    - Web Server Pro is started and running is running with valid license;
    - The global_vars.js file is configured accordinglly;
    - The page http://192.168.3.241/zenon/index.htm is accessed from the web client computer;
    - The WebClient_small.exe is installled on client's computer;

On web clients computer when I enter http://192.168.3.241/zenon/init.htm address, at first project is loading (see "Web Server Pro Light - page loading.png"). Next I got error message that files do not exist (see "Web Server Pro Light - File not exist error.png").
    I check on zenon web Server Pro Light computer that (according the documentation) nothing was created into folder  C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\Low\zenWebCl i (or %Temp%\zenWebCli).
    Whay is that? What I am doing wrong?

Best regards,
    Svetozar Yolov

For the gentlemen of COPA DATA, I need to put some comments:
    - the documentation of Web Server is not updated! For example in zenon Web Client - compatibility, the current Runtime can load projects up to the version 7.11 SP0. Now we are on v7.60;
    - there is nothing mentioned regarding opening of TCP in documentation of Web Server. Actually there is something mention in Manual -> zenon Web Server -> zenon Web Server, Web Server Pro and Web Server Pro Light -> HTTP Tunneling, that HTTP port may need to be configured manually on the computer with the web server in the Windows Firewall, as an exceptional port for incoming connections. If you read just Web Server part one will missed that the port will be manually opened for incoming connections.
    - I noticed in forum that Firefox browser also ca be used as web client. In documentation it is stipulated that just Internet Explorer from v8.0 ca be used.
    - Internet Explorer v11 it is not supported. Which browser has to be used in clients with domain structure and where only Internet Explorer v11.0 is available. Normally in this clients, the security requirements are very strict and you can not install what you want!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Web Server Pro Light - page loading.png   Web Server Pro Light - File not exist error.png  

Default Re: Web Server Pro Light - how to start, which browser I can use

Hi Svetozar.

I am having the same problem as You.
    Did You manage to resolve Your problem for ​"Web Server Pro Light - File not exist error.png"?

Regards,
    Damir

Hello Yolov

On the copadata homepage you can find a checklist in case the Webserver/Client doesnt work take a look here:
    https://www.copadata.com/de/support-services/knowledge-base-faq/h2checklist-webclient-does-not-workh2-1571/

Regarding the ports which are needet to open in the firewall, as far as i know should the zenon setup enter the port while installing. And if you want to brodcast you runtime to the internet you can find the ports which are needet when you search the help for "ports" what i would not recomend to.

Regarding the browser which can used for the nativ webclient its true only Internet Exlorer work becaus of plugins that are disabled by any other browsers the forum post only shows a workaroud how to reenable these plugins.

If you after checking the checklist still have problems i would recomend to contact your local support

best regards

Tobias Ritschel

The "Files not Found" issue will appear if the Web Server cannot reach the Runtime Server - the error appears when the connection timed out and no files were synched.
    If you have a Web Server pro light, Runtime and WebServer must run on the same PC. Also verify the names set in the config (As described in the refered Checklist above).

Quote Originally Posted by yolovs View Post
    For the gentlemen of COPA DATA, I need to put some comments:
    - the documentation of Web Server is not updated! For example in zenon Web Client - compatibility, the current Runtime can load projects up to the version 7.11 SP0. Now we are on v7.60;
    - there is nothing mentioned regarding opening of TCP in documentation of Web Server. Actually there is something mention in Manual -> zenon Web Server -> zenon Web Server, Web Server Pro and Web Server Pro Light -> HTTP Tunneling, that HTTP port may need to be configured manually on the computer with the web server in the Windows Firewall, as an exceptional port for incoming connections. If you read just Web Server part one will missed that the port will be manually opened for incoming connections.
    - I noticed in forum that Firefox browser also ca be used as web client. In documentation it is stipulated that just Internet Explorer from v8.0 ca be used.
    - Internet Explorer v11 it is not supported. Which browser has to be used in clients with domain structure and where only Internet Explorer v11.0 is available. Normally in this clients, the security requirements are very strict and you can not install what you want!
    Thank you for your input and feedback. Concerning more recent versions, we have adapted three of the given points:

- The documentation for the compatability was updated recently.
    - The Firefox Browser is not supported in current versions, therefore this point was excluded.
    - IE v11 is supported, but not in 64-Bit (which is rarely the case, that IE 11 is forced into 64 bit). This info was added to current documentation versions.

Concerning the TCP & ports we will add further infos.

BR,
    Joris