Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Screen title in header screen

Default Screen title in header screen

I am new in zenon.
    I have question related to screen navigation.
    Let say, that we have two frames - one on the top, named “header” and one below the first one, named “main”. In the “header” frame, by default, a screen “HEADER” is opened.
    On “HEADER” screen there is a button, which opens a menu. In the menu, there are some buttons, each of them opens a screen - which is opened in “main” frame.
    I need to have a functionality to show the name of the screen opened, but name to be shown in “HEADER” screen.
    One of the solutions could be, each of the buttons of the menu to call script, which got two functions. First one to switch the screen in “main” frame and the second function to change the title text in “HEADER” screen (by writing different value in a tag for example).
    My question is there any other more profitable and tricky way to do this?

Thank you in advance!
    Regards,
    Svetozar  Yolov

Default Re: Screen title in header screen

Hi Svetozar  Yolov,

You could use the Screen Property "Screen Active Variable" for this, assign a different internal variable for each of the screens that use the main frame. Now you have a boolean variable that is switched on when that screen is opened in the runtime. In the header screen you can use a combined element to build a formula to check the open screen based on the screen active variable that is on and display its name.

Hope this helps.

Dear  ,
    Thanks for replay. I understand the idea, but I can not see how can I do a formula! In combi element formula editor, you can add up to 99 tags, but you can not shift the values to the left or multiply them by power of 2 (to make different value, based on screen tags)! You got only Logical and Bitwise/Comparison operators in formula editor.
    The screen active variable is only binary - probably you can select another data type, but the value which will be set is only 1 or 0.

Any other ideas?

Regards,
    yolov

Hi Svetozar  Yolov,
    maybe another idea is to use the '
     Last opened screen' variable of the SYSDRV Driver.

In case if its ok for you, please check the documentation for the correct project configuration in order to use this variable correctly.
    Manual -> Screens -> Frames -> Main frames
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cattura.JPG  

Dear matteo,

Thank you very much for your suggestion! I tested it and this is exactly what I need.

Will it be too rude if I ask you how to see which language is selected? For example I got tow languages configured - Language 1 and Language 2.
    I have got Function 1, changing runtime language to Language 1 and Function 2, changing runtime language to Language 2.
    Is there any way to have "feedback" and to show which the current language selected?

Best regards,
    yolov

Quote Originally Posted by yolovs View Post
    Dear matteo,

Thank you very much for your suggestion! I tested it and this is exactly what I need.

Will it be too rude if I ask you how to see which language is selected? For example I got tow languages configured - Language 1 and Language 2.
    I have got Function 1, changing runtime language to Language 1 and Function 2, changing runtime language to Language 2.
    Is there any way to have "feedback" and to show which the current language selected?

Best regards,
    yolov

Hi Svetozar  Yolov,
    what you need is a different approach to the problem.
    You can use an internal INT variable and use it to change language with a Reation Matrix: in the picture withe a button, you will change the value (with a "Set value" function) and the Rema will execute the Language change function.
    So you can use a Combined Element in order to show the 'current language' (usind a string for each value -> status)
    Then if you need to maintain the Last selected language, you can simply set the internal variable as "Remanent".

Dear matteo,

Thank you very much!
    I understand exactly, what you suggest (which is great, according to me - as I said, I am quite new with zenon - I do not have experience, which I got with SIMATIC WinCC).
    Thank you once again and I wish wonderful day!

regards,
    Svetozar Yolov

zenon during installation proposes to create also demo projects. In these projects you may take look how to do such things.

Cool AW: Screen title in header screen

The most simple way to only show the actual language Table is to create a keyword e.g. "@language table", insert this keyword into the language table and translate it for every table e.g. English in the English-Table and so on.
    Then you can use this keyword in static texts, combined elements or where ever you like and it will show the translated value, which is your language table.

Frage Re: Screen title in header screen

Hello guys,

I'm still a newbie in Zenon and not well experienced in programming. I have the same request - how to see the name of the currently open screen in the menu window? I tried the option with the system driver variable (i.e. [Project Summary] Last open screen) but got no positive result. Did I miss anything in the settings? 

I'm using version 8.0. Thanks in advance for your help!

Best regards,

Primoz