Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Zenon Energy, Switch status shown in Alarm list after spontaneous open or close event

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Zenon Energy, Switch status shown in Alarm list after spontaneous open or close event

Hello, I would be pleased if you let me know how I can show the status of one switch(like circuit breaker in substation) after any spontaneous changes happened to that switch as we can see in SLD, but I could not see any record in ALM or CEl in runtime!
    Thank you for time considering my question.

Default Re: Zenon Energy, Switch status shown in Alarm list after spontaneous open or close event

I got the answer. If I am wrong please correct me. Per each variable in properties section, we should go to "Limit Values" folder and per each Value[1 & 0] we can define whether its change of states appears in AML or CEL or not.
    Thank you.

Default Re: Zenon Energy, Switch status shown in Alarm list after spontaneous open or close event

You may also create a Reaction Matrix evaluating values of variable representing the position o a switch. And then use this rema for all relevant variables or even create a special data type, linked with rema and exchange data type of related variables to this special one.

This are basics for zenon in general, nothing special in Energy. I strongly recommend you to take part in zenon Trainings before you continue with a project. This will save much time and prevent big conceptual mistakes.

Thank you for your quick reply and suggestion. You are right! But at the moment I am trying to integrate SEL Axion Device(like RTU) to Zenon as a demo in order to show customer the capability of Copadata software and SEL Axion RTU and their integration.

BTW, would you please give me some info regarding how to assign a command variable to a screen element like a Switch(Circuit Breaker). Till now I could assign one variable to one switch that can show the spontaneous status by receiving data from RTU. Now I want to send command(open or close) to that switch and finally get the response from the response variable to be ware of its latest status after sending related command. I read the manual, and seems that I should assign new command group to Command Processing in Project Manager. We have "Actions", "Variables". Seems that first we should assign one command variable under "Variable" and in section "Action" we should assign ON and OFF command to that variable. Am I right? Any sequences I have missed? What is Revision? Meanwhile still I cannot see any opened window after clicking on my switch in Runtime in order to send ON or OFF command! I would greatly appreciate if you please let me know more and correct me. Thank you.
    Last edited by Automation : 5th June 2017 at 21:33

What you want demands knowledge of few days of training. I cannot imagine to write now here on Forum more and better as it is currently written in zenon Help .
    IMHO to demonstrate capabilities of some products it would be constructive when demo would be prepared by someone how well knows these products and theirs capabilities. So i propose you to
    contact officially your local COPA-DATA representative and ask for professional demo project for Energy Edition - with Command Processing. Such project are using simulated communication, not real devices but then you could add into project the communication to your devices and re-address variables existing in the project to variables of iec850 driver communicating with your SEL device.