Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: reporting from siprotec 5 devices

Default reporting from siprotec 5 devices

i am using zenon 7.10 energy edition. i am communucatinf with siprotec 5 device, in configuration, for each dataset we have 4 different buffered reports) and when in 61850 driver, after adding reports, it activates only first reports from each dataset.
    can you advice me anything?

Default Re: reporting from siprotec 5 devices

>i am using zenon 7.10 energy edition.
    With update of zenon version to 7.60 you will get improved iec850 driver documentation (and more features )...

>i am communucatinf with siprotec 5 device, 
    If i right remember by some Siprotec models the RCB configuration (in ICD-file) of delivered and not updated yet (with valid CID-file) devices may have in RCBs (in SCL sections 'ReportControl') empty data set names. Those RCBs can be then only used if you configure in driver the use of 'dynamical data sets'. Or you update the device with valid CID file with correctly completed RCB configurations.

>in configuration, for each dataset we have 4 different buffered reports) and when in 61850 driver, after adding reports, it activates only first reports from each dataset.
     Oh, you've lost me . Does this Siprotec device has the same dataset in each of these 4 BRCBs? Or it has 4 BRCBs with 4 different datasets?

Make sure that you have in zenon project at least one variable created in each Logical Devices (LD) where the BRCB is placed you want to use. So - when RCB is located in LD e.g. "Application" but its dataset delivers objects from LD "Dc1" - to create in zenon project only variables from only LD "Dc1" would be not enough. You have to create at least one zenon variable in "Application" LD, else the LD will be skipped during the Association (communication initialization process). Please note that a valid system should control at least the value of each LD/LLN0/Mod/stVal[ST] - at each logical device it uses from the IED.

In relay we have 5 different datasets, each datasets for digital has 2  buffered reports, and analog dataset 4 unbuffered reports.
    When I add reports in driver for each HMI (please see screenshots) it starts communication only with first unbuffered report from each datasets.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg   Untitled1.jpg  

Sorry, i'm still not able to understand the system configuration, i'm proposing to clarify:

>each datasets for digital has 2  buffered reports, and analog dataset 4 unbuffered reports
    1. A dataset cannot "have" a RCB. It is another way round - a RCB has (or "contains") a dataset. Anyway, with screenshots from the Sicam configurator i tend to believe that this is only a misunderstanding in wording, not in configuration.

2. The main question: if these 2 BRCBs (and 4 URCBs) are delivering the same datasets - why you want to enable (use) more as one instance? Are we maybe talking about zenon Network - where you need in parallel identical reports for Network (SCADA) process Server and Standby server? 

screenshots:
    3. The tool on 2 screenshots - IED configurator (not a copa-data product) - seems to display that brcbA and urcbA are configured to deliver some (more or less reasonable) data; and their 'optional fields' - to correctly deliver dataset name.
    About improvements in the use of 'trigger options' - as i do not see trgOpp.GI; and i see 'Data change' together with 'Data update' (?!); and there is 'Integrity scan'=yes but 'Integrity'=0; and some "buffer indications" which i do not understand at all - i could imaginbe there are maybe some more issues to discuss.

But we can discuss it later. For now please check if also control blocks "B" ("C", "D") have the optFlds dataset (name) = "yes"; i suppose you have already checked that they are using the same dataset as "A".

4. The screenshot from zenon driver dialog is unfortunately in so bad resolution that i'm no able to read the RCB names. Please try to catch again and do not overlap dialogs - let me see settings in all driver dialogs.
    I would rather need info about all other driver settings - not a screenshot from online browsing dialog (this too, but is less important).

5. AND: in case of problems with datasets/reporting the most important are LOG files from driver start in the Runtime. There are information in LOG about enabling reports, variables which are then not polled anymore (so expected to be reported) etc. For hints how to setup logging - see e.g. the tread https://forum.copadata.com/showthread.php?2076-Analyzing-IEC850-data-log-in-Diagnosis-Viewer&highlight=iec850+diagviewer

Hi..There are 2 possibilities: they dont
    know much about IEC61850 and/or the driver they are using in WinCC
    supports only polling and therefore they want IEC61850 to run like
    Modbus.

if their driver only supports polling, there is no
    workaround. they should use the drivers which support Reporting
    (buffered or unbuffered).

smt pcb assembly
    Last edited by DeannaNash : 29th November 2019 at 21:48