Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Forecast calculations

Default Forecast calculations

Hi i am trying to create a screen where i can perform some forecast calculations. This is done in collabaration with the PLC controller and zenon basically sends the parameters to the PLC which calculates the values for at certain timeperiod. Then the operator should be able to add a second time period or reset and start over. I have tried to do this using the extended trend diagram to show the values by saving the answer in a archive. However i dont know how to reset the time period and start over since i isnt able to delete data in the archive.

I have also looked into the report generator and viewer which i also think could do the job. Any one that have this type of setup using one?

Thanksfull for any tips och answer

Default Re: Forecast calculations

Hmm, interesting. Shall be the forecast a XY trend or display data with timestamps in the future? The archiving of data with future timestamps would be for sure problematic.

Would it be a solution for you to get the forecasted data as elements of an array? If your PLC is not supporting arrays - you may use the zenon Logic to calculate the forecast and then display in zenon as XY trend or dynamical positioned dots etc.

Hi, no need for timestamps. I was thinking of using a VSTA script and a block array for this. However i dont now how to write data to a variable using the block array function. Usally i am using this line to write data to a normal int variable.

this
    .Variables().Item("Testar_int2").set_Value(0, 1500);

Or i need to have a adjustable x axis just realized that this isnt possible with block array. The user will determine a time period, lets say 480 min then will the operator adjust three parameters and then is a value calculated. Then should the extended trenddiagram show the value on the y axis and the x axis will be a integear where the time period is summires for each time period that the operator adds.

Dear nirren1992
    Do you finish this implementation ? 
    Could you share some experence? I try to do forecast calculation active power for solar PV at short-term but still can not do.

Thanks and regards

For XY trend you need variables with block array but not all zenon driver are supporting block arrays. In case of process variables which are not arrays or are "normal" arrays - you can configure the variable(s) to be 'externally visible' for zenon Logic. In Logic you can create additional MODBUS Slave and then in zenon you can get the block array variable from MODRTU driver.
    In Logic you can also calculate a forecast.

For example: for a block array in zenon MODRTU driver - in an integer variable with offset 0 and 'block array size' 500, in Logic MODBUS Slave store 500 INT values in registers with offset 0..499.
    Note: the MODBUS Slave in Logic opens IP port of the Runtime (default 1200), not 502.

If you need a sample project then please contact your local COPA-DATA Support officially.
    Last edited by ursulak : 23rd April 2019 at 12:56 Reason: typo

I've forgot to add that if the process variable is not an array, then for XY trend - instead of block arrays - you can activate by the variable the 'Harddisk data storage'. Or you can let to activate HDD storage automatically - by the zenon function opening the extended trend screen (see in the function settings dialog the check-box 'accept proposal').