Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: How can I use Filetransfer in IEC61850 Driver ?

Default How can I use Filetransfer in IEC61850 Driver ?

I would like to receive Disturbance Data from ABB Protection Relay.
    Disturbance recordings are abailable to any Ethernet-based application in the standard COMTRADE file format.

The following contents are in the IEC61850 Driver manual.
    I do not know how to use zenon Editon.
    Help me please!!!!!!

IEC61850 Driver manual

To request folder information:

Create, in your zenon, two string variables of the driver object type File Transfer with the corresponding network address:
    The first variable, hereafter called the command variable, with the name "SERVER!Command" can also be used to get files and to delete them.
    The second variable with the name "SERVER!Directory" is only used for the result of the folder query. It receives the folder content as legible text. For this reason, its size should correspond to the maximum size of the file name (including the folder) in the PLC.
    For the command variable, set the value "DIR" (for the root directory) or "DIR <file_spec>".
    <file_spec> is a string that is sent to the server as a transfer parameter.
    If the folder has been successfully received:

The command variable changes its value to "DIR OK"
    The folder variable contains the received folder content as legible text. One line of this text has the following format:
    <File name>;<File length>;<Time stamp>.

To get a file from the server, set the value "GET <file name>" for the command variable.

If the file has been successfully received:

It is saved in the folder that was defined as Directory for file transfer in the driver dialog Basic settings.
    Files from a subfolder are also stored in the main folder.
    The command variable changes its value to "GET OK"

To get a file from the server, set the value "DEL <file name>" for the command variable.

If the file was deleted successfully, the command variable changes its value to "DEL OK"
    Last edited by bee : 10th February 2017 at 06:35

Default Re: How can I use Filetransfer in IEC61850 Driver ?

Why you have copied here the content of the zenon Help? (do you think we do not have it? )

>I would like to receive Disturbance Data from ABB Protection Relay.
    >Disturbance recordings are abailable to any Ethernet-based application in the standard COMTRADE file format.

What is written in the manual of ABB Relay: Are these files also available via 'File Transfer' in IEC 61850 Protocol?
    The IEC 61850 Standard defines how as called 'File Transfer' should work. The zenon iec850 driver (Client) support this procedure (like defined in the Standard). Does ABB Relay (as 850-Server) support it too?

The COMTRADE defines only the syntax of files, not how to transfer, and has nothing special to do with IEC61850 protocol. The valid 850-Servers may use any format to record disturbance data, COMTRADE is popular but not the only one. Using 'File Transfer' you can transfer any file from an 850-Server to an 850-Client, so files in e.g. COMTRADE format or some binary files (or even a picture etc.) - whatever an IED is available to send. From zenon point of view any file which can be stored on a HDD can be received by file transfer.

After the file was transferred the driver stores it on the HDD of the PC where zenon is running and then you may use this file like any file you have on this computer. So you may then open it in a COMTRADE files Viewer your choice. In zenon, since 7.50, there is extra WPF-element "COMTRADE -Viewer".

Typically a professional specialized in the job to analyze disturbances are using own Viewers for disturbance data. Thus typically a SCADA system have to be able to transfer file and store in a particular directory on HDD or Network, and there is no need to display the disturbance data directly in zenon.