Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Picture switch - Replace indices

Default Picture switch - Replace indices

Hello,

I have a Picture that i want to use with different tags.
    When i create a new function "Picture switch" , there is a filter for variables.

For example:
    KFSUA04 must be KFSUA02 AND LS452 must be LS264. (Variable KFSUA02.......LS264 exist!)

How can i replace both of this? Or is it only possible with 1 variable change?

What is the difference between "Replace indices" and "Replace Links"?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Replace indices.JPG   Replace links.JPG  

Default Re: Picture switch - Replace indices

Quote Originally Posted by imtech View Post
    Hello,

I have a Picture that i want to use with different tags.
    When i create a new function "Picture switch" , there is a filter for variables.

For example:
    KFSUA04 must be KFSUA02 AND LS452 must be LS264. (Variable KFSUA02.......LS264 exist!)

How can i replace both of this? Or is it only possible with 1 variable change?

What is the difference between "Replace indices" and "Replace Links"?
    The answer from COPA DATA (e-mail):

In the substitutions dialog in "Replace indices" it's just possible to set one rule per row.

That means in your case, the "Indexing rule" "KFSUA02 to KFSUA04" is used at first.
    The second rule "LS452 to LS264" is used after - on the "not touched by the first rule" rows.

As we can see in your example, every row begins with "KFSUA02" and is used with the first rule (it's the same when you change rule places) - as result just the first rule is made in your case.

one other difference between substitution and replace indices, is that with substitution, you can replace both variables and functions, where as with replace indices you can replace just variables.

Did you know, that you can not only use the variable name as a substitution parameter, but also the variable identification? So in case you can not be flexible with variable naming, you can use smart variable identifications to use substitution in an easy way here.

Replacing indices can be very handy, when using structures / arrays in zenon in a popup picture. E.g. when displaying data in a picture from conveyor[1] and then displaying data in the same picture from conveyor[2]. The index variable will allow to show the data required easily according to it's value, without the need to create a seperate picture (or copy / paste for that matter) for each conveyor.

This minimizes the time required to make any changes afterwards as it can be modified in a central place.

christopherpara Gast

There is even easier way to do it. You can directly select source Variable and destination Variable without basing on names, Just click Variable button. It is available on zenon 6.22 SP0.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2009-09-11_093107.jpg