Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Variable import

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Variable import

I am in the process of importing a large number of variables into a Zenon 7.5 application using the .xml file import process.

Import1.jpg shows a sample of three data types having just been imported. Note the column Drivers how the parent data type is the same as its child variables for all three occurrences.

Import2.jpg shows the same three variables taken minutes later following a workspace backup. Note again the column Drivers. It is now different for the parent data types than those of the child variables without me changing anything following the import.

I am importing many similar .xml files ultimately containing 15000+ variables which are created from a backup of the same workspace running on a separate machine to facilitate simultaneous testing on the live system.

I am really confused as to why Zenon does the following:

1) .xml files generated from the same project do not import correctly into the live application.
    2) Displays everything was fine prior to creating a backup of the workspace and then on the reload of the project everything changes.
    3) Most importantly not log any errors during the import process.
    4) Not log any problems on the reload of the variables following the workspace backup.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Import1.jpg   Import2.jpg