Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Sending two commands at once

Default Sending two commands at once

Hello!

Is it possible to to send two commands (actions) at once using "Command" template and built in functionality of Zenon (e.g. I want to attach two different command variables to one action button).

Best regards,
    Gregor

Default Re: Sending two commands at once

this depends a little bit on the type of command action that you are using. If you would like to mass switch off, or mass set alternative value for variables, this can e.g. be done through a button in the command window, which executes a recipe from the recipe group manager.

If you want to execute e.g. two single commands or two double commands through one action button, this is a little bit different.

Basically, the command processing of single commands and double commands through the command window is designed to be able to control and monitor the progress of a command action. To block action buttons based on locks, topological interlocking, variable status or other variable values, other client computers who also attempt open the command window for the same item, etc. etc. Also to monitor the time until the return variable displays the correct value and status. This monitoring and control takes place for one set of command- and returnvariable at a time.

Executing multiple commands sequentially, where the command window automatically shows for the next command when the first was executed correctly, could e.g. be done with the help of straton, and a SFC for each sequence of commands. In this case you would monitor the progress and result of the command in straton, and when the command is finished, set a bit to execute the next "picture switch - command picture" function, where the variable itself could also come from straton as a string, allowing you to modify the function prior to calling it using VBA.

Hello!

Thank you fort the reply.
    I have specific switch operation: with first command I choose the element in the feeder and with second one I make switch operation. The first command does not have response variable.
    The second command will be processed through the "Command" processing window, while the for the first command I will attach proper VBA script to the "Execute" button. This way both commands will be sent to the harwdare at the same time and I still have all the functionality of the "Command" processing window.

Best regards,
    Gregor

jusufs Gast

Hello,
    I thing you can use two function "Send Value to Hardware" directly, then build a script (with this two functions) and at least a function "Script" execute.

Hi
    In my project I done same way as jusufs and it worked fine. Only in "Script" has two function, you have to sort which function you want be executed first , it should at the top.
    Best regards.

since zenon version 7.50 there is a new module 'Command Sequencer' where you may in the Runtime design, try out in simulation mode and then execute by single click a sequence - many commands (actions) in wished order (one-by-one or parallel) etc.