Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Changing Zenon 5.50 SP7 Target IP PLC ControlLogix Allen Bradley File Logix32 Driver

sikenga Gast

Default Changing Zenon 5.50 SP7 Target IP PLC ControlLogix Allen Bradley File Logix32 Driver

Hello, Good Afternoon, Copa-Data.
    I have a few questions about how can I change the IP target of the Zenon redirecting the info to a new IP of a PLC.
    I know already that I the ip target of the zenon to the PLC is made by the driver LOGIX32.exe that you make in the software and I need to change this ip because we have change the range of ip in the company that I work for.
    - My question is if I can change or edit this driver with the new ip and how, which software do I need? (I have Zenon Editor and Zenon Runtime) I have seen how to make in a new workspace a new driver and change de ip, but I do not want to make a new project.
    - other question would be, if I could extract or import a project that we have in a machine with a B&R power panel and edit the project so I can change the ip in the driver.

If you could help me with this i would very much appreciate and if You have an easier or another way to do this change.
    thank You very much and I expect Your answer..

Default Re: Changing Zenon 5.50 SP7 Target IP PLC ControlLogix Allen Bradley File Logix32 Driver

As you have the project in the editor (where you want to change the IP address of the PLC connected throught the Logix driver) proceed has follow:
    - activate the desired project in the editor (right click -> context menue)
    - select "Tools" and the "Select driver"
    - select the Logix driver from the driver list and the click "Change"
    - in the driver configuration dialog select the tab "Conn. TCP/IP"
    - in the Connctionlist choose the desired connection
    - modify the IP-address at "Remote IP address" to the new one and press "Save"
    - close the the driver configuration dialog with pressing "OK"
    - press "Create runtime files" at the top toobar
    - transport the changed runtime files to the PC where the Runtime is running

Attached you can find the help documentation about the Logix driver.

Regards,
    Herbert
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Logix32.pdf  

sikenga Gast

Default Re: Changing Zenon 5.50 SP7 Target IP PLC ControlLogix Allen Bradley File Logix32 Driver

Hello, and greetings.
    Now, I Have a few less doubts.
    1 - Is that the only way to change the ip of the plc? having the project and editing it in the zenon editor software.
    2 - How do I upload or extract the project to my pc from the pc that has zenon running (Because I do not have the project) so I can edit the ip?
    3 - the connection that I must have with the pc that has Zenon running can be thru Ethernet and how can I configure this connection?

Thank You very much for your help, it has been a lot of helpfull.

Please try the following:
    - navigate to the folder where the Runtimefiles of your Project exist
    - there must be a configuration file for the Logix driver named like Default.lix (a file with the extension *.lix)
    - open this file with notepad
    - at "FREMDE_IP=x.x.x.x" enter the desired IP address (instead of the x.x.x.x)
    - restart the zenOn Runtime

Regards,
    Herbert

ps.: it is not possible to extract a editor project out of the compiled runtime files

sikenga Gast

Ok, Ill be trying with this and posting back as soon as possible.

Rewards.