Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Alarm Comment from RadioButrton

Default Alarm Comment from RadioButrton

Hello!

I would like to set alarm list in a way that the user must enter a comment to be able to quit - but a comment would be chosen from a predefined list.

I am thinking about the following:
    - operator selects the line in alarm list and then clics on execute function button
    - VBA script is exetuded which opens user input screen with a radio button or dropdown list, where the user selects the text from a predefined list.

Is it possible to make such VBA function?
    I do not know how to enter the comment text in the selected alarm from VBA.

If you could send me a few hints and piece of the VBA code I would be very thankfull.

Best regards!

Jurij_c

Default Re: Alarm Comment from RadioButrton

please contact your responsible sales person (resp. support) in this case
    -> he probably does have an wpf control for you which exactly fits your needs

regards,
    herbert

Hello!

I received the UrsachenModellControl.cdwpf, put it to graphics. hen I try linking it to WPF element the editor cycles. I can only stop it with ctrl+alt+del.

In the help document of this wpf control I see that equipment model is needed - which is not built in my SCADA project. I quickly put a dummy equipment model to my project - that is maybe why editor crashes. I don't understand why I nead to build equipment model for setting some cmments via user form to the alarm comment.

Creating this model seems to be very time demanding. Is it really not possible to make a simple user form to select beween predefined alarm comments. Actually what I want is exactly what the WPF control does - to put an alarm couse into the comment field.

Best regards!

Jurij.

afaik you are using zenon 7.10 ... right?
    -> if so: i just figured out that this mentioned *.wpf control was developed for version 7.00 ... it is working there... but i also faced the same issue like you have mentioned when using 7.10
    -> i dont know if this control will/can be adapted for version 7.10

of course, you can also do it yourself using i.e. VBA/VSTA
    - using the Event "AlarmListSelectionChanged "
    Manual -> Programming interfaces -> Objectmodel -> Alarm -> Alarm-Events -> AlarmListSelectionChanged
    -> here you get the selected alarm in the AML

- using the standard control Combo-/Listbox where you predefine your alarm causes
    -> the selected entry in this Listbox is then written on a string variable

so you then read the value of this string variable and then write this value to the alarm item (comment object)
    -> afaik this alarm comment property is called "Usertext"
    Manual -> Programming interfaces -> Objectmodel -> AlarmItem -> AlarmItem-Properties -> Usertext

Note: up to 7.10 it is only possible to react on a single selection within the AML - multiple alarm selection (with using shift or control key) it is not possible to get all selected alarms via the zenon API interface
    - with 7.11 this is possible because a new event was implemented
    -> New Event: SelectionChangedEx()
    -> here you get an array of all selected alarms

regards,
    herbert