Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: How does Firefox work as a Web-Client Browser?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default How does Firefox work as a Web-Client Browser?

Hi,

I recently installed the ZenOn Web-Server, and make it work properly with IE browser as a Web-Client.

But when I try it with Firefox browser, an error dialog is shown : " Please INSTALL_NPMOZAX ".

Although I tried to search the "NPMOZAX" on internet, now I have no idea what it is or how to install it.

Could you help me about it, in order to make my Firefox work for the Web-Client?

Default Re: How does Firefox work as a Web-Client Browser?

zenon web-client support only Internet -Explorer

in previous Firefox versions (1.xx), a plugin existed to use ActiveX (Microsoft specific controls) controls with Firefox. In the current Firefox version, unfortunately no working plugin is known, to use the webclient ActiveX in Firefox correctly.

Thanks for your reply.

However, I hope you can organize a development of the Web-Client for every browser (Firefox especially) and every system (Linux at least).

It is hard to imagine an industrial company uses only IE under Windows as a web browser..

Ausrufezeichen Re: How does Firefox work as a Web-Client Browser?

However, I hope you can organize a development of the Web-Client for every browser (Firefox especially) ... /snip
    Note: due to Firefox does not support ActiveX in its nature (see http://support.mozilla.com/de/kb/Activex for detailed informatin on this) a thrid party plugin is necessary for this.
    In former versions of Firefox (and also Netscape) such plugins were available but the developement of those has been discontinued. By now there is a validation ongoing which possiblities we have (i.e. there where some tests with the “Esker ActiveX plugin" but it didn't worked together with the zenOn WebClient)

... /snip
    and every system (Linux at least).

It is hard to imagine an industrial company uses only IE under Windows as a web browser..
    zenOn bases on its implementation on the Windows API. It supports Windows OS versions from Windows CE up to Windows VISTA with using the one and the same project.