Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Display active clients

Default Display active clients

Hi all,

I am using zenon 6.20SP4 and I have an Scada system with 3 clients and 2 server.
    I want to display on each Workstation and each Server which clients is connected on my Scada sistem in an overview picture.
    I use the variable system "Names of the connected clients"and "Number of connected clicts" but these are enough to resolve my desire.

Thanks in advance,
    ION

Default Re: Display active clients

May I ask what your question is here?

The system driver varialbe "names of connected clients" displays all connected clients in a string variable, which you can e.g. use in a picture.

What else would you like to display?

FYI: I've moved this thread to the "Network, Messaging" Forum

Default AW: Re: Display active clients

Hello,

I want to display which clients are active momentary at the server or standby server.
    In my overview picture I have an symbol green when the clients is activ and red when the clients is not active on which I will to use in an combi element.
    I try to use the system variable "name of connected clients "but don't work because is a string variable and probably I must to do an VBA macro but I don't know how.

Escuse me because I wasn't enough clearly the first time and I hope that you this time understand me.

Thanks in advance,
    ION

you could use a string reaction matrix to evaluate the value of the system driver variable "names of connected clients". For each client you could create a boolean variable from the internal driver, to indicate if it is online or offline.

Use each different value of the system driver variable, as a new status in the reaction matrix, and by using a function (e.g. script execute, containing the set value functions for the internal boolean variables indicating online or offline) you can set the values for the internal boolean variables.

The statuses in the reaction matrix are evaluated from the top to the bottom, and the evaluation stops when a match is found. So take care when using wildcards!

Please also see the manual for more information on reacton matrices.

Default AW: Re: Display active clients

Hello Mark,

Thank you for all!
    I have already made so and work it good but there is a big problem when I restart the standby server when the runtime of this standby server is active again ,this make this internal variables OFF(0) and so deteriorate all work on which we have by now.
    I don't understand why happen it that.
    Thanks in advance,
    ION

have you set the internal variables calculation to "network"? Or did you configure any remanence for these variables?

could you also please try with the latest zenon version, 6.22 SP1? An issue with the internal variables and reload (standby server checking in, under specific circumstances) you are describing, has been fixed in zenon 6.22.