Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Client - Server communication problems

Default Client - Server communication problems

Hello all,

I have a project that involves 5 stations (servers) who collects data from the field. From one central location I collect data from each of those 5 servers. So far 4 servers are working and the central station. The problem is that one server refuse communication with the client (central location). The network is the client intranet. I attached the diagview files from the central location (computer name: sediuploiesti – project: ploiesti) and from the problem server (computer name: butimanumpe – project: butimanu).
    Does anyone know what the problem is? In what I see there is that the server is refusing the connection with the following message: “Clientcount on the server BUTIMANUMPE is overflow or client refused! Project:BUTIMANU”.
    Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
    Dragos
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Client - Server communication problems

- did the mentioned server work before? (or never?)
    - is it possible that the server, which is not working (well?), differs in term of its network connection? (i.e. DSL - low bandwith)
    - which possible differences does have this server compared to the 4 others?

Regards,
    Herbert

Quote Originally Posted by herberto View Post
    - did the mentioned server work before? (or never?)
    - is it possible that the server, which is not working (well?), differs in term of its network connection? (i.e. DSL - low bandwith)
    - which possible differences does have this server compared to the 4 others?

Regards,
    Herbert
    Hello Herbert,

First of all, thank you very much for the reply.

During testing, all of the computers were in one local network at the office and everything was ok.
    Friday, I recieved data drom the server which is not working well. Friday i made the comunication between them. But this morning (monday), i was having data on the client from friday. There are no difference between the computers network settings.
    I aquire data from servers to client using allocation settings - so I will have control of the update time of each tag.
    Each server is located at 100 - 400km from the client - but the client intranet is very good.

Hope that the above information will help.

Thanks again.

Regards,
    Dragos

Hello dragosmoss,

Out from the uploaded Log-Files it seems that your constellation is about Web-Server/Client... right?

If so, which WebServer Version is used?
    -> Open the WebServer console and afterwards press "Logfile"
    -> you will see the WebServer Version

=> what is displayed within the WebServer Log-File?

When the effect occurs (that the Client do not have a connection to the one Server):
    - what is displayed in the WebServer console at "Number of active clients"?
    - is this maybe the amount of "Max. number of clients"?
    => if so, try to Stop/Start the WebServer

you may also increase the net-timeout in the zenon6.ini:
    -> default 30sec -> increase to 60sec

[NETZ]
    NET_TIMEOUT_MSEC=60000

Regards,
    Herbert

Hello Herberto,

No, I don't use a Web Server - Client configuration.

I am using the Multi-hierarchical model. The Ploiesti project is the major project which colect data from the minor projects (those 5 servers). When I said that Ploiesti (major)project (Sediu Ploiesti PC) is client I was refering that he get's data from the Butimanu (minor) project (ButimanuMPE PC).

3 Minor project are working and the Major project is colecting data from them. One Minor project is shut down. The 5th Minor project - Butimanu - worked last friday - the Major project colected some data from it and then - during weekend - I don't know when and why is stoped colecting data from it. Monday I made the log file that i uploaded.

Is possible that i have a limitation on the numbert of Minor projects that one Major project can connect?

Best regards,
    Dragos

Hello dragosmoss,

Out from the uploaded Log-Files it seems that your constellation is about Web-Server/Client... right?

If so, which WebServer Version is used?
    -> Open the WebServer console and afterwards press "Logfile"
    -> you will see the WebServer Version

=> what is displayed within the WebServer Log-File?

When the effect occurs (that the Client do not have a connection to the one Server):
    - what is displayed in the WebServer console at "Number of active clients"?
    - is this maybe the amount of "Max. number of clients"?
    => if so, try to Stop/Start the WebServer

you may also increase the net-timeout in the zenon6.ini:
    -> default 30sec -> increase to 60sec

[NETZ]
    NET_TIMEOUT_MSEC=60000

Regards,
    Herbert

The 5th Minor project - Butimanu - worked last friday - the Major project colected some data from it and then - during weekend - I don't know when and why is stoped colecting data from it. Monday I made the log file that i uploaded.
    -> so the zenOn Runtime, where the Project "Butimanu" is running as Server, is still working... right?
    -> "Only" the data-transfer from this PC to the Client (at which the Integration Project is running) is not working?

Is possible that i have a limitation on the numbert of Minor projects that one Major project can connect?
    -> no, there is no limitation ... you can add as many Sub-Project to a Integration-Project you want ... there is only a "hardware" limitation

Can you tell how the time sychronization has been configured?
    Do you use the zenOn time synchronization (which is activated per default) or do you use an external time synchronization mechanism (like radio controlled clock)?
    Can you check if now the PC system time of each PC is equal?
    -> note: if the time between a server and a client differs more than 5 seconds no file alignment will be processed!

Please take also a look to the help documentation at:
    Manual -> Network -> Configuration of the network -> Settings under Windows -> Time synchronization in the network

Regards,
    Herbert

Dear Herberto,

The runtime is running on both PC's -Butimanu and Ploiesti. Only the data-transfer between them is not working.

I didn't check the time if there are differences between them. I didn't made any time sincronization between the computers/projects. I will take a look at the link that you gived me, and next week i will go to client to investigate this matter.

Thank you very much. I will reply you after I visit the client.

Best regards,
    Dragos

-> so the zenOn Runtime, where the Project "Butimanu" is running as Server, is still working... right?
    -> "Only" the data-transfer from this PC to the Client (at which the Integration Project is running) is not working?

-> no, there is no limitation ... you can add as many Sub-Project to a Integration-Project you want ... there is only a "hardware" limitation

Can you tell how the time sychronization has been configured?
    Do you use the zenOn time synchronization (which is activated per default) or do you use an external time synchronization mechanism (like radio controlled clock)?
    Can you check if now the PC system time of each PC is equal?
    -> note: if the time between a server and a client differs more than 5 seconds no file alignment will be processed!

Please take also a look to the help documentation at:
    Manual -> Network -> Configuration of the network -> Settings under Windows -> Time synchronization in the network

Regards,
    Herbert

Dear Herberto,

The problem was because of the alias between the IP and the computer name. 2 of the station had the same alias in the client computer. Because of that, the error ocured. Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards,

Dragos

Daumen hoch Re: Client - Server communication problems

Hello Dragos,

I'm glad to hear (read) that you've got the zenOn network running...

How do you establish the name resolution? via DNS, WINS, host file, ... ?

Best regards,
    Herbert