Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: digital input from field devices

nahala Gast

Default digital input from field devices

Hi All,
    How to simulate a digital IO input from field devices through a straton functional block and get its value and corresponding alarm in zenon .What are the steps for it?
    Please help we with your answers.

Regards,
    Nahala

Default Re: digital input from field devices

Nahala,
    I am afraid I dont understand it correctly. Where do you get the IO from the field? What driver do you use?
    Or do you just want to simulate the IO to test the zenon project?

Greetings
    Markus

juergenr Gast

Quote Originally Posted by nahala View Post
    Hi All,
    How to simulate a digital IO input from field devices through a straton functional block and get its value and corresponding alarm in zenon .What are the steps for it?
    Please help we with your answers.

Regards,
    Nahala
    Hi Nahala,

Please explain more details about your field devices and how you plan to do the communication between these devices and straton.

Getting the variable from straton to zenon is pretty easy. Just mark the straton-variable as described in the zenon help manual (chapter straton Workbench > Variable handling > Create O and M variables in straton). With that you have the variable avialable in the zenon variabl list.
    The standard way for alarming is done in zenon. You can add several limits to each variable. Zenon will then react as defined. See zenon help manual (chapter Variables > Limits and chapter Alarm Information List).

Best regards,
    JuergenR

nahala Gast

I want to simulate IO device. I have 4 types of inputs.Digital,Analog,Thermocouple and pt-100.I want to configure these devices.I want to write functional logic in straton and get details in zenon.
    I am a starter in plc programming.It would be helpful if you could answer me with suitable examples and steps.
    I want to do a base program on which i can build up the whole logic.

juergenr Gast

I want to simulate IO device. I have 4 types of inputs.Digital,Analog,Thermocouple and pt-100.I want to configure these devices.I want to write functional logic in straton and get details in zenon.
    I am a starter in plc programming.It would be helpful if you could answer me with suitable examples and steps.
    I want to do a base program on which i can build up the whole logic.
    Hi Nahala,

What you would receive from IO devices in straton are simply values represented by variables based on certain data types. E.g. a digital input would be a variable based on data type BOOL; an analog variable would be a variable based on data type INT or REAL.
    You can simulate these variables in straton by declaring them and forcing them at runtime. As soon as you add the real IO devices you map these varibables to the IO points of the device.
    Please find a simple zenon/straton project (SIMPLE_SAMPLE) here: 2009-04-20_15-11-42 simple_sample.zip. Just restore it as zenon project. The straton project is inside.

Best regards,
    JuergenR

nahala Gast

Thanks for your reply.When I tried to restore the zip file into zenon project I get a message saying Do you want to convert the project simple_sample from an older version to the version 6.22SP0.I clicked Yes . Then an error message saying The project simple_sample has been modified with version 6.22sp1 and cannot be loaded here is getting.

How can I scan inputs? I think I should configure a delay time with digital inputs so that it will take signal if the circuit is broken for more than the delay time.Similarly I want to configure a deadband with analog signals.
    which fieldbus configuration should i opt for this?
    I know my questions are a bit confusing.But for me even a single directive from you will be very helpful.

Thanks,
    Nahala

juergenr Gast

Thanks for your reply.When I tried to restore the zip file into zenon project I get a message saying Do you want to convert the project simple_sample from an older version to the version 6.22SP0.I clicked Yes . Then an error message saying The project simple_sample has been modified with version 6.22sp1 and cannot be loaded here is getting.

How can I scan inputs? I think I should configure a delay time with digital inputs so that it will take signal if the circuit is broken for more than the delay time.Similarly I want to configure a deadband with analog signals.
    which fieldbus configuration should i opt for this?
    I know my questions are a bit confusing.But for me even a single directive from you will be very helpful.

Thanks,
    Nahala
    Hi Nahala,

For restoring the zenon sample project please refer to your local zenon sales representative in order to receive a zenon 6.22 SP1 setup.

Best regards,
    JuergenR