Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Alarm history and CEL

Default Re: Alarm history and CEL

If you have configured "ringbuffer + historical data" the .ini entries should be like stated in my previous post.

(save_only_stack=0)

scotttee Gast

My CE device has a runtime of v6.20 SP4. I'm developing with 6.22 SP0. Will CEL history be available on my CE device?

I'm having difficulty getting alarm history to work. I see that on my PC there are C090402.CEL and CEL.BIN files created this morning, but nothing is being displayed on the CEL picture (Alarm History).

I'm going to run through all the info you guys have given me to make sure everything is configured correctly. I want to make sure it works on my PC first. \

Thanks.

what do you exactly mean with "nothing"? Can you see the default control elements / buttons for the CEL picture? Do you see a list, but it is empty?

If you can see the elements and the empty list, try clicking on the button "Filter..." and select "from file" and choose e.g. 500 entries.

scotttee Gast

Sorry. I meant there are no entries. I can see the objects. I've attached a couple of screen captures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Alarm History.jpg   Filter.jpg  

According to the screenshot, you are filtering the list vor variables which are named "alm_". If you set "*" in the list for the variable name, you should be able to see all entries.

If you want to see variables starting with "alm_" then use "alm_*" for a filter

scotttee Gast

I had the filter originally set to "*". All of my alarms start with "alm_", that's why I have the filter setup that way.

Do I need to execute the function "Save AML and CEL memory buffer" at all? Or does the global setting "acknowledge alarms in CEL" do this for me? (There is another screen capture showing my config)

Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CEL Logging.jpg  

this function is only required on Windows CE, when you have set the option "default" or "ringbuffer only".

By default, the ringbuffer for alarms / cel is not written on the disk, on Windows CE. By executing this function, you can force the writing of the ringbuffer on the disk. (e.g. before closing the runtime, in the AUTOEND script)

My CE device has a runtime of v6.20 SP4. I'm developing with 6.22 SP0. Will CEL history be available on my CE device?
    Don't forget to set the proper runtime compatibility.
    If you are developing the project in 6.22 SP0 the runtime files will be created per default also in this version.
    At the Project settings -> General -> Create RT files for choose 6.20 SP4
    -> see screenshot in attachment
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Create RT files for.JPG  

Quote Originally Posted by scotttee View Post

Thanks.
    to answer your question in short: yes, alarm and CEL history is also available with 6.20 SP4.

scotttee Gast

I got it to work!

When I created the screen originally and placed the CEL control element on the picture and deleted some of the elements I though I didn't need so it would fit on the screen. (Low res CE device).

I got it working by creating a new CEL picture, placing the entire CEL object on the picture, creating a symbol of the CEL object and scaling it to fit the screen.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Alarm History.jpg